"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, September 29, 2017

I get the feeling sombodys watching me...

...as usual I have no idea how time flies so quickly and why I can't seem to get into a routine in this 'new' house.  Maybe because things keep breaking down, along with hubby and myself!

It's been seven months since we lost our beautiful Spaniel/Setter  named Charlie.  I/we stop at every shelter and check on available dogs almost every weekend but I just haven't had the heart to rescue yet.  I don't think I will ever get over losing him in such a difficult way.  Hubs has been ready since day one and several weeks ago he brought home a lab about two years old who needed so much more than we were able to give her.  Just as my heart was softening to her we had to make the decision to return her to the rescue...thankfully a wonderful family with children and a huge fenced yard adopted her and she is safe and happy.

Two weeks ago he brought home another lab.  He's six years old, rather laid back, walks with us without pulling, has manners and is well trained.  He's had a rough history and will need surgery in the future but he is a sweet boy.  So far things are going well and he has bonded with the hubs...me on the other hand will do in a pinch!  He's met the grands and they love him.  His name happens to be Charlie and since he had that name for six years we hesitated to change it.  So, of course, as four and six year olds wil do they have many names for Charlie...'New Charlie, Charlie II, Little Charlie, Not dead Charlie, and on and on.'

Last weekend the grand boy was here and was a little unsure as he was meeting Charlie for the first time and does not like dogs who bark or lick.  Aside from his deadly tail this Charlie is neither.  It went pretty well as long as mama was close for the first hour.  After he gave the dog a cookie all seemed well with the world and they played 'sword fight' and 'ball.'

As they were leaving I asked grand if I could take his picture.  He is always reluctant but has changed so much since school started he readily agreed.  Here's my handsome grandson cheesy smile for the camera.


 as he was smiling he was a little concerned of the dogs whereabouts.
 then I asked him if papa could get in the picture too.
 sure...here comes papa and oh no, he's got the dog with him.

My sweet guys!   Notice the eyes on the grandson.  Just making sure!!!  One of my fav pics.

How are things in your part of the world?  I know some of you are really struggling and please know that you are in my thoughts and on my heart.  Jean, I need an update from you my NZ friend.  Take care peeps, remember to shine that light wherever you can!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Joanne, your words give me almost a tear!!! I will update tomorrow, but slowly things are improving for both Hugh and myself. Love the eyes, look ahead, then left? Is it all OK?. I was not ready to have another cat for a long, long time after our much loved Casper went, after a broken leg was pinned, and hardly mended, bone cancer popped in and eroded the same leg. Maybe 18 months later, Hugh made a decision, and we still have Felicity, now almost 19, and getting frail. I am sure when the right one comes along, you will know in your own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your new Charlie is a keeper, grandkid approved and everything, I loved the pictures and especially the last one. We have our grandson coming to visit for a few days next week, it's been a couple of years since he has been here so needless to say we are really anxious for him to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna I loved the photos. Your grandson made me smile with his said glances at Charlie. So darn cute. Blessings to all at your house. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...