"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, May 18, 2017

it's hammer time...


...or more like panic time. 

I can't believe I lost my blog, for over a week it went missing.  Was unable to sign in, couldn't find it in any searches, and Google didn't have a clue as to who I am.   Now normally that would be cause for concern but add it to the absolute misery moving has proved to be and I just about lost my little mind.  Finally, finally I shut things down, waited a few days, came back and it was as if nothing had happened.  I wonder if I dreamed it!

Not my dogs but I wish they were.  Still missing my buddy, especially now.  I just can't possibly understand why, and why now.  Planning on getting another after we move but quite honestly I just don't have it in me.  I can't imagine my life without a dog but I also can't imagine my life with a different dog.  I know time will soften the blow but for now I'm just not ready.  Everytime we leave the house we have to stop at the shelter and 'check' just in case our buddy is there.  Hubby is really having trouble...they were besties.
 Going through boxes and packing the house has been dreadful but finding little treasures like this makes things easier and brings a smile to my heart.  This is a letter to me for Mother's Day waaaay back when my little girl was six.  She liked me then...
I'm pretty sure I posted this before but this is our punky Maude, she's exhausted from helping granna pack.  She marked the boxes kitchen stuff, weird stuff, and junk.  I can hardly wait to see what's in those boxes.

We closed on both houses today which was really convenient.  Now all we have to do it finish packing...Oh Lordy, there is still so much to do.  I found out something about my hubby during all of this...he is a hoarder.  He has his own walk-in closet, an office and garage that I steer clear of, he also has boxes from the last time we moved twenty years ago that he never unpacked.  He needs an intervention!  When our daughter was here she had no problem getting rid of things she thought I didn't need (she lacks the sentimental gene)  so I think she needs to stop by and have a look at that closet!  and the garage!  and the office!

I've really been struggling with this move.  We've been here twenty years and really had no plans to move or downsize again but we really have no choice with hubby seeking early retirement.  Not real excited by the place we are moving but praying it will be exactly where we need to be.  The kids keep telling me to think of it as a new chapter in our lives but honesly it feel like the last chapter, and that makes me sad.

Will check in when I can.  Take care lovelies, shine.

7 comments:

  1. Selling a home and moving is said to be the most stressful event in a lifetime. Hang in there, the new place will gradually take you into its arms, and you will be comfortable there in time. yes,a new chapter in the book, turn it over just one page at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you feel like, Joanne. We are moving, too, and it does feel like the 'last chapter' in some ways. No more big house bustling with family and large meals around a big table....no more acres to mow and tend and keep up. I am thinking that this will be freeing eventually. I hope it is for you, too. Time to do things that you love-read maybe, or do something that you enjoy but didn't have time for before.

    I am in the sorting and packing process,too. Not a task for the sentimentalist, is it? I have to just "let go" of so many things that belonged to family that no one wants-or needs.

    Good luck to us, Joanne. We are tough old broads and we have come this far so we won't give up just yet-right? xo Diana

    ps. I have never been able to get another pet since losing our Misty a few years back. Just thought I could not go through one more loss like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much change and uncertainty...I can see why you're less than enthusiastic. But it will be fine....everything will work out! Thinking of you....just take one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you found your blog again.

    Moving is a bigger job than you think until you are right in the middle of it, downsizing and getting rid of stuff is even harder when you have that sentimental gene.

    Your husbands unpacked boxes from twenty years ago could be let go, that is only easy if you don't open the boxes though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you! We really need to think seriously about downsizing! We've lived here 44 years, raised 3 wonderful kids, who are all married and have presented us with 14, going on 15 grands. Our kids all live at least 6 hours away, and in different directions. They come home a couple of times a year, and we have a blast, but, boy, and I'm pooped when they all go home. I guess we'll see what happens.

    Where are you moving? You don't need to say, unless you want to.

    I'm glad you found your blog. Mine is still there, but I haven't posted anything for a LONG time. I should write about my medical 'emergency' one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel, re:moving. The blog thing has happened to several people. Google is up to something, but I don't know what.
    *hugs* and God bless you both in this, Joanne. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe your blog was taking a test "move" to your new house LOL. Glad you found it. Moving is tough and that purging can really tug on your heartstrings, plus missing your little buddy. You have A LOT going on at one time. Soon you'll be all settled and will be able to breathe again. Your house will turn into a home and you'll be glad you moved. Much love, Jojo!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...