"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

365





...a few years ago I discovered a blog called "word365" in which, instead of making New Years resolutions, you chose a word, a guiding word, a word to which you would use throughout the year to ground you, to turn to when you needed strength and guidance.  I believe this word to be given to me by my Lord and in the past few years I have chosen from my heart words that have a deeper meaning to me.  Some of them have helped guide me through some difficult times by reminding me to turn my heart and soul to my higher spirit.  "Nourish" has served me well as I continue to do all I can to take care of my health and to recover from several surgeries.  "Be" was the word for last year and probably not the best choice for me as it ended up being to vague.

I like the idea of not making resolutions that I know I will never keep, at least not for very long.  I have had so many rumbling and tumbling in my head and this year especially I have struggled with choosing the 'right' one for me.  I needed something to enrich my life....maybe "enrich."   I needed something to awaken my creative side, which I miss so much...maybe "create."   I wanted something to help me with something I struggle with often...maybe "perspective."  I just wanted to find peace with the struggles...maybe "Grace."   Of all the words I pondered I kept coming back to one.  One that gives me hope not only for myself but for the darkness of this world...a light...a candle to shine, and this is what the Lord put on my heart;




Imagine.   I hope if you are searching for a 'word' that your heart will lead you to the perfect one for your life.  If you haven't tried this I encourage you to check it out and see what others are choosing and how they are using their word in their lives.   Happy New Year.....imagine what we could do if we all worked together to eradicate the darkness.  Shine on my friends.

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful words today, and your word is perfect for you. I now need to try and find one for myself, this is a real inspiration to go forward in 2017. Mine could well be " keep" keep on hoping, keep only what I need, keep family and friends close in my heart, and YES, my word for this year is " keep". Joanne, thanks so very much for all your words today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and yours had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are having a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you chose a great word, Joanne. God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT word, Joanne! I had never picked a word before this year but felt like I needed to do that. I like your word-Imagine! Mine is Accomplish....I felt like last year I ended up not getting anything done so this year I am bound and determined to accomplish some things.
    Hope you have a great upcoming weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your word Jojo. I loved the way you blogged about choosing a word. I'm going to stick with my continuing goal in life...peace. For myself, others and the world :) God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! Imagine - I like that one. I have done the word each year (never do resolutions any more) since my husband died. That first year I chose Strength to help carry me forward. Confidence was another year. Hope. I can't remember any more and sometimes the words would change mid-year.
    This year I chose Create as I feel it will be a year of new beginnings for us all.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...