"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, November 13, 2016

November morning...




We are all just walking each other home.






...as I sit here in my little cocoon, devoid of any media but trying to calm the chaos in my mind, licking my wounds, reading, and remembering.  None of this having anything to do with the recent elections, although I am still numb.  I needed to quiet the constant noise of the tele, the house and the new normal around here. 

I have had a hard time adjusting to my brothers living with us.  In many ways I am glad he is here, he is a help to my hubby, and a part of me feels grateful that we are able to do this for him.  And another part of me...well, it's hard to explain.  It's having another man in the house that I have to share a bathroom with.  I spent many a year 'training' my hubby to put the toilet seat down, to clean hair out of the tub, you know---all the things that are so simple yet so disgusting to have to do for other people, especially grown ups who should know how to do these things.  How to put things away, clean up the kitchen counters....I swear I'm living with an eight year old...and the farting, OMG!

Okay moving on.  We took the grandboy to the Museum of Flight yesterday, a very busy Veterans Day.  He was so completely fascinated with everything especially the helicopters and the marching bands.  He told us all about every exhibit and which ones were the best.  (he's been here before).  We had to cross a sky bridge and he had fun trying to push g'ma up the hill in her wheelchair then going back down sitting on her lap pretending to be on a roller coaster.  Hands in the air yelling 'wheeeee!'  The museum is very interactive and many of the exhibits had kids lined up to 'fly' planes, parachute, tour rockets, crawl through trenches, use radio signals, land planes, etc.  It really is an amazing place and a wonderful way to spend the day.   I'm so glad we went.   Having a grand to show you around made it that much better.

Busy week ahead.  Four doctor appointments, which means four co-pays, lab work and MRI's.  Ick, I'm tired already.   I need to start writing things down but even more than that I need to remember to bring what I've written down with me, so it goes with grocery lists!

Wishing you a good week, healthy, happy, grateful and safe.  For my NZ friends; I have you in my prayers.  Be well, be kind...friends. 

3 comments:

  1. Joanne, in all your troubled days, you care and take time to think of us down here in NZ. Thank you SO much. I did have a smile at the " Wheelchair race", and the grandies can make fun and find happiness so easily.So far, we have all four of your ingredients for this week and I hope with all my heart you have too. Hugs from a shaky NZ. XXX to you. p.s.I have a notebook I take, and found a list on paper could get lost so quickly.Take care with all those appts. "Apps" would be a lot better on your phone or iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Joanne, about another male living you. I know it must seem at moments like an intrusion on a life that is already compromised for you in some ways because of your health. God bless you, sweet woman, as you learn to balance the love it/hate it equation in your mind. lol

    I hope all your appointments go well and that there are no surprises for you. Glad you had fun with the grandboy. I love how much fun he had showing YOU around. Those moments just bless your heart, don't they?
    Have a good week- I know it is a busy one for you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That is me, too. Remember to put it on the list. Remember to bring list.
    *hugs*
    You are in my prayers, Joanne. May God bless you all. ♥

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...