"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Dear diary

Dear Diary,

apparently you didn't get the memo from last year so I'd like to send you a little reminder of what we discussed in January.  This was not, not, to be a repeat of last year.  There were to be no surgeries, no impending disasters. 

We were to be safe, healthy and happy.  I was going to run, jump and play on the floor with my grands and not be 'the g'ma in the wheelchair.'  That is a lousy thing to do to someone.  I realize my word for the year was "be" but I should have been more to the point, Yes I am 'being' but you have thrown too many obstacles in the way for life to be easy.  And now, now, you have hurt my husband and on top of that we have taken in my elderly brother.  A little stress yes??

No one expects stress free, worry free lives and certainly I have no problems when compared to the rest of the world but this is my reality and right now I am quite upset with you.  I want my life back, along with everyone else.

So please be a hero and move the hell on, away with the wind, away from the dark days, away from all of us who need a break.  Really...k?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Joanne. *hugs* God bless you all. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping against all odds that your life will be happier, easier, healthier, and safer. Let there be peace in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that a little "normal" enters your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- isn't life just crazy sometimes? WHY do these things pile up on some people? We have lot 7 friends THIS YEAR and are expecting to lose one more to CANCER!! This is just crazy...crazy!!
    I hope that life smooths out for you. Send a memo from me, too, will ya?
    Sending you love and a hug, Joanne. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...