"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, September 5, 2016

jump, skip and a kidney bump...







we've jumped right into the school year here.  Both the grands are in school now, kindergarten and running start programs.  I cried, mom cried, dad cried but the kids had the best time and are anxious for each new school day.  They are even anxious to get to bed at night so when they wake up it's time to go again.  I remember those days.

skipping; went right from spring to fall with barely a misstep.  How I miss summer, they are so beautiful here.  Needless to say our garden was a bust again, only got a few strawberries, fewer blueberries and one lonely little tomato.  Oh well, there's always next year the hopeful gardener exclaimed.

bump; went the kidney.  Was feeling a little off a few days ago, then started with the nausea and vomiting, the wild blood sugars, more vomiting....you get the idea.  By the fourth day it was coming up blood so it was a trip to the local bed and breakfast by the way of the little red wagon.  Also known as the hospital via ambulance.  Spent the week there and just got released on Saturday.  Kidney function is not the best so I'm pumped up with more meds and have appointments next week.  Poor hubs has to run me all over town when he gets home from work.  While I was an impatient we had out of towners visiting...oh my but bad timing.  Have them staying with another sibling now.  I need to rest....why is that so hard to understand?   I am the only one of us sins that have a chronic illness and no one has ever taken the time to deal with it or take it seriously.  Makes it hard when I say I can't do something and they do it anyway thinking I'm not serious.  Ouch.

Getting chill here already, cool days and cooler nights...blankets and space heater time.  Pretty so the lovely Fall colours will show themselves and all will be right with the world.   take care all.

6 comments:

  1. The little red wagon, ours are green and yellow, Not so sure of the B&B, but so glad to know you are home again. Maybe, we should both know warning signs and hop off at the littlest hint of trouble. Rest, heal, and enjoy the last of the warm days. Heaps of hugs from down here in NZ.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better soon. I know what you mean about needing rest to heal. Having company is stressful even if you stay pretty much in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love company--but especially the ones who pitch in and help! The others, not so much. One thing I've learned is to ask for what I want. It doesn't always work but it sure keeps me from feeling like a doormat.

    In other thoughts, kindergarten rocks even if tissues are required the first day. I'd recommend a B&B with better reviews. And tell that kidney to mind its manners and start toeing the line. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you are home, Joanne. And now time to rest.
    Amazing how some people just don't understand, or just won't appreciate a chronic illness....especially family members. That happened to me after my concussion just before I turned 60. A sib planned a big party and I had to get her to cancel it because I wouldn't have been able to handle all that stimulus. Some of my family were not happy and just didn't get it.
    I think some people don't want to face illness especially when family is concerned.
    I hope you have a good evening and tale care.......and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No heaters here. Still running the AC.
    I don't get why some people don't understand plain English.
    *hugs* and God bless. You are in my prayers every day, Joanne. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are home. Have been looking for updates on FB which you give sporadically...shame on you! I have you on my prayer list every night Ms. Jojo and I worry! I'm so glad you gave us an update on your blog. I've been praying for your little kidney. "The kidney that could" and I hope you are getting plenty of rest and to heck with all those who are not happy that you can't participate. Phooey on them. You take care! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...