"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

let's do the time warp again...





how is it possible that our little punky girl is headed off to kindergarten today?  I want to go back, sweet baby, back to the start when you were shiny and new and everyone thought you looked like g'ma...then you grew up.  Look at you now.  So beautiful and happy and so very ready for this new adventure.  p.s.  your mom and dad started crying as soon as you turned away.  I did the same when your daddy got on the school bus.  Enjoy my love.

Today marks two months since my surgery.  I has been a slow, very arduous recovery but finally, finally I am feeling stronger, am sleeping only at night and able to take care of my own house again.  I still need help with some things and still no lifting or caffeine.  I think the caffeine is the hardest part to overcome!

We have only had a few scattered days of summer sunshine and hot weather and now I can feel Fall is on the way when I go out in the evening.  Love Fall but I love summer sunshine the best...maybe an Indian summer is on tap.  How are  you all doing my dear ones?  I know a few of you are waiting for Spring...it will be here soon.  take care all.

6 comments:

  1. She looks adorable as she ventures out into the big wide world! Hope you continue to heal and get to have a cup of coffee soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And off she goes with a huge smile, and the others have a tear or two, that is the way things go. So good to read your words, and know the healing is going, although slowly,maybe like a block of cheese, all good things take time. Nightime sleeping is a bonus, and that will make a huge difference to your days. Down here, we still light the fire each morning, let it go out after breakfast, then clean the doors, the grates, empty the ashes, and set it again by 5 p.m. Mornings have sunshine a lot earlier, days are warmer, spring flowers are blooming, the Protea tree has flowers too, and snowdrops drooping their pretty delicate white heads, as if to nod, and say, just like the words in "Pippa Passes" The Year's at the spring.... All's right with the world. Many hugs from down here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless her, and God bless you. Good to hear you are doing better. I am ready for fall. Our temps here are still in the mid 90s with too much humidity.
    Blessings to you, Joanne. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. First day of school! I don't think my parents cried but I sure did!!
    Good to hear your strength is coming back, Joanne. What a good feeling that must be,eh?
    Our summer has been the opposite of yours here in Nova Scotia....hot and humid for two months.....finally a reprieve last night as autumn is in the air now.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say hello....lovely to hear of healing and overcoming!
    Precious moment captured in that photo..such an optimistic girl outside that big old building...I am glad to think the chairs and experiences will be more fitting for her sweet little size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks precious. They grow up so fast :(. Glad to hear you are feeling better hon:) Will you ever be able to have coffee again? I sure hope so. You are probably used to not having it by now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...