"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, August 4, 2016

I don't know why, I really don't....

...know why I wander the halls of my memories, questioning every decision I've ever made, wondering how to fix all my mistakes (especially the ones involving my babies), when I should be sleeping soundly.  The first couple of weeks after my surgery I splept well and began to think my insomnia was gone but silly me, it was just taking a small vacation while I healed.  Now that I am feeling better and stronger it is back, ugly tears and all.

Recovery is moving forward and my last kidney tests show the little guy doing his job...although I am delighted and cheering on the little kidney that could I am desperately seeking some caffeine.  It's a no-no for now and it's been five weeks without and is not getting easier.  I want to nap....all the time!

For the last few years hubby and I have been considering moving.  Several reasons have prompted this; wanting to live closer to the kids and grands (right now they are about 80-100 miles away, one way.  The next is the up-keep of a home, which is getting harder and harder for Parkinson man to deal with and I am really worthless in that area.  Things here are starting to show delayed maintenance and we can't afford a yard man.  So we looked at the budget and began looking at a few.  Our options are limited as we do not want stairs but we did see a few last weekend.  Now they might need a little fixing up but the price is right!







 I am particularly fond of the last one as I do like having a skylight or two.  What do you think?   Be well friends.   talk soon  ;j


****these photos are of old dilapidated buildings down our little country road.  None of them are for sale or suitable to habitation!

5 comments:

  1. I think you are doing the right thing. You are being practical. Do they make caffeine patches like nicotine patches? Ask your doctors. Perhaps that would help?

    I can't give much help with the thinking at night because I do it, too. Even if you are not religious, perhaps a talk with a clergyman might help. I wish you all the best. Good luck and God bless, Joanne, whichever you choose. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 looks OK, but needs a little cleaning up.Those high windows, perhaps not so good after all. Tears, probably, according to my memories of after surgery things, might be from the anaesthetic, it does take some time to get out of your system. Hope that little kidney is behaving.Down here, we would like to sell and move too, but our place is either.Too big, too small,not enough land,too much land, windows, house, lawn,or garden .. best of all.. the workshop was too small.I'll look at your options again and realise it isn't going to be easy,So good to get your news, and send heaps of hugs and loving thoughts from a very cold NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I stopped laughing, I started imagining a Pacific NW episode of Fixer Upper. Obviously I watch too much HGTV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read through your last several posts...it is wonderful news that you are beyond resilient...lost days, much pain, few physical consolations.... yet you are crossing the terrain of the brave. Surgery seems like one of those things that fits the "the map isn't the actual territory" analogy.

    I am glad the doc didn't cut into your sense of humor.
    With admiration of you and hope for you,
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. If No 2 and the final one are one and the same, then you have made the right choice. Very easy to restore too.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...