"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, May 20, 2016

distractify...phase one

...meaning; to do whatever it takes to distract Joanne from the untimely surgery and recovery she is about to undergo.  To maintain her indelible spirit and strength...and maybe make her feel a little lighthearted for just a moment.  Give it all you got...

We have always been stewards of planet Earth, always recycling, reusing and whatever the other 're' is.  When our children were growing up they would do the recycling of household goods, cans, bottles, cardboard etc, and once monthly we would load it up and take it to our local recycling center.  At that time the center would pay for our efforts by the pound (now they just take it and charge you).  The kiddies would 'earn' the money and split it being allowed to buy whatever they wanted.  This was usually just a few dollars and would often go for treats such as ice cream, soda or candy, none of which were bought on a regular basis or kept in the house.

 Recently I came across a site Globein.  It carries hand made items from all over the world and your monthly 'gift' to them helps support education in faraway lands.  In return you receive a small gift in a hand-made basket, the perfect size for re-gift giving.  The first month I was gifted a small bowl, hand-painted in blues and yellow.  Last month a beautiful towel with delicate embroidery on the edges, from India.  This month, well this month they took recycling to a whole new level...well, well just see for yourself;
(click on the photo to enlarge)






There you have it friends,  a notebook made from recycled elephant pooh!  You can't get much more unique than that.  This really made my day, on a day when I needed a chuckle.  I just may keep my surgery 'notes' in this one.
 

4 comments:

  1. This has to be the ultimate in a gift, I know hand made paper can be done with all sorts of things, but never this. Sadly none of that available down here.Do you have a date for surgery yet? Waiting is the hardest of all, once you are there, that notebook will get lots of use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ought to make good fertilizer, too. The poo, I mean. ^_^
    definitely unique!
    It will be an interesting diary, for sure.
    Prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My niece will be spending 2 months in South Africa as part of her masters. Her true love is elephants but she'll be monitoring rhinos while she's there. I can totally see her with an Ellie Poo notebook, lol!

    I don't know what exactly comes out of an elephant but I always laugh when my friends gross out on Canadian Goose poop. I tell them that it's just grass and water. And that's pretty much the ingredients for paper! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Straw comes out of an elephant, as well as leaves and branches. I cannot imagine it smelling, but I'd bet you took a sniff. My love is elephants. My hatred is for the idiocy of the government for burning their stocks and hoards of tusks. What they should have done was FLOOD THE MARKET with the ivory, making killing an elephant totally worthless. Idiots.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...