"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

In plain sight...


...last Fall when the stores were looking towards Spring and put their bulbs on sale buy one get one I jumped on the bandwagon and bought several packages.  Then I promptly put them away somewhere and forgot all about them.  We've all done that right?






Of course, I put them somewhere that would be so obvious that there was no way I would not remember the place.   So, these last few weeks with Spring like weather and pretty flowers on my mind I decided that maybe I should look for them.  Never mind that the time for bulb planting was long past, I was on a mission.




I looked high and low, the garage got torn apart, the potting bench, the storage area for the summer furniture, the laundry room...all a big NO.  It began to feel like a big, stupid game of where's Waldo.




Yesterday I was putting away groceries and noticed a bag in the way back of the fridge.  Now please let me be clear, I clean out the fridge on a weekly basis and wipe it down every two weeks...I'm rather OCD about that.  But there was this bag in an area of the fridge that is completely useless, or so I thought.  The space is the width of the door but only about an inch wide, can't fit much of anything in there and is usually only used for any medication that needs refrigeration.  The bag;  full of bulbs.




I vaguely remember hearing that the fridge was a great place to store the bulbs so they would think it was winter and not sprout too early.  Too early is not going to be a problem here.  I've got my chicken doo and a few bags of organic potting soil all ready to go...next stop?  Bulbs.




6 comments:

  1. The best place for bulbs, they will grow so well now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations on finding them. Look forward to pictures when they bloom, Joanne. God bless. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO relieved to read this post Joanne!!! I now know that there is at least one person just like me :)))
    Happy planting my sweet friend!
    hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bulbs will probably still know what they are about and hopefully you will enjoy many blooms. One could write notes about when to do all these gardening things, but then you would have to read the notes in a timely manner too. The earth keeps on blooming in spite of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do things like that all the time ... I thought it was just normal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got a good laugh out of this. So glad I'm not alone! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...