"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, January 11, 2016

be, thrive, nourish...


...all wonderful words that have served me well over the last few years as my 'guideposts.'  Rather than make New Years resolutions I have chosen, for several years, to make goals for myself and use a "word" as an anchor of sorts to keep me on track, or from drowning.  It has worked in ways I would have never imagined but as I look back at those words I notice that all of them have to do with surviving.  That certainly would have been an appropriate word for last year; survive.  It seems that 2015 was one long fight with my health, my relationships, my health...am I repeating myself??  That happens at my age I hear, or heard somewhere!

Every year I treat myself to a silver bracelet with my anchor word engraved on it.  I am getting quite a collection but I am a bangle bracelet kind of girl so I just love it.  here.
Hoping to get myself to a better place this year, this month, today.  It's just plain time for me (if you were to ask my children or siblings they would say it's always about me, but they don't realize that the strongest of us are really the weakest and most vulnerable at times).  With that said and enough of my rambling I will leave you with RENEW.   

Let's all take care of ourselves this year so we can be better stewards of each other and our home here on this blue dot.





9 comments:

  1. Can I please print out those words from " Renew", I should read them often, and all would be lots better. A tough year, ditto down here, take time for yourself, even if others feel your are being selfish, never, taking yourself time is a necessity, a blessing, and if they are still in doubt tell them" The DOCTOR ordered it", ( I might try that myself) you need some " Me time" as we all do at some stage. truth be told, I need some right now. Just a pity we live so far apart. How cold are your days? We had a really hot day after a cool start, down south it was either 0 Celsius, or the slightly better 1 Celsius. Family said it was cold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very good word for 2016. I've let so many things slip in the last couple of years. I need to renew before things deteriorate further.

    Wishing you a renewing 2016.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...new every morning...
    I like your sharing very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you all have a blessed week and a blessed year, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your outlook and the words you have chosen, Joanne.
    I wish you a moment/hour/day/week....you get the idea....of renewal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love that Renewal saying and accompanying pic. Very timely for a fresh new start in a brand new year! Lots of hugs to you!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your impression of the water mark on my shed. I love your interpretation - the Blessed Mother…..

    And I can't leave until I comment on your Header - Fabulous! Just Fabulous! Full of Joy!
    More hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, I don't seem to remember how to reply to the comments but I wanted to thank you for stopping by. The header picture is of my grandgirl (4) on the right and her little friend at the park near her house. When I see it the only word that comes to mind is 'JOY.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renew...such a hopeful word and a good one. Wishing you all the best in the new year sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...