"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

and the faeries cried...

(fairies or faeries?)

...a few weeks ago I decided to make a faerie garden for Miss M.  I gathered some things together over the Spring and finally found a container that I thought was suitable for faerie living.





Putting them all together, a little house, a tiny bird on the roof, a tiny garden gnome, a patio set with a hanging flower basket, all tiny.  I made a little pathway to a secret garden and a small 'waterfall' out of shiny rocks that glittered in the special faerie lights.  I carefully attended to the abode making sure it was well lit, watered and got plenty of love.  I could hardly wait for my sweet faerie granddaughter to come and see it.





Patient I was, waiting and tending and waiting and talking and waiting until one day I got the call; faerie granddaughter and daddy were coming for a visit.   I eagerly counted the days until they got here and waited with great anticipation for her to notice the little garden.






Finally I could take it no longer and brought her over to see it.  Pointing out all the interesting details and marveling at the little house, something I would live in if I were a tiny faerie.  She looked things over quite carefully and especially wondered about the 'waterfall' and the gnome.





Then her sweet voice got very soft as she said, 'but grandma, but...but...but...I don't like faeries.'
And the faerie grandmother cried a little faerie tear. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, maybe there could be a little frog? tiny animal? or something she does like hiding down there. And after all your care and loving thoughts. Never mind, at least you have enjoyed making the garden for the fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is sad!!!! My little girls love fairies so I am so sad she doesn't like them. You know what- in that case you make the fairy garden just for YOU! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. *hugs*
    What bout gnomes? Does she like gnomes? It could be a gnome garden.

    I don't even remember fairies when I was growing up, other than the tooth one.
    Cowboys and Indians? Space ships? Yeah, I was weird. ;-)

    You did a fantastic job. It would have died with me looking after it.
    Have a blessed weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful fairy garden , so full of love in the planning, creating, and tending. One day I think she'll realize and appreciate that, but right now her little girl heart is intent on other things. Good thing grandmas love their grandchildren in spite of disappointments and heartbreaks accrued throughout life. Good thing time with grandchildren usually brings more joy as they grow older , and we grow even older than dirt.( But my grandma heart hurts for you right now.)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...