"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

tiny bubbles...




we had a little family get together a few weekends ago.  Nothing like bribing your grand-children over to your place than with a new swimming pool.  Yep, we know how to live it up around here.

Lots of bubbles too!
(the outside photos were taken from the inside through the window screen, I haven't been outside in my back yard all year but I can get close when the windows are open)

Miss M caught off-guard by the picture taking...
here again, mommy snuck up on her and caught her cheer leading, rah-rah.

the new pool. has a slide and a crocodile mouth full of balls, and of course bubbles.
bubbles and more bubbles...

Miss M's mommy caught with the camera, she doesn't mind, I think she may have a bubble in her eye. 
That is about all the excitement around here.  No rain for over three months, everything is crisp and my gardens are hideous.  Maybe it is a good thing I can't get out there and see them.   We had one pepper that we have been babying along for quite awhile and almost ready to pick when it was eaten by some sort of critter.  Left a big bite right out the center.  The gall.    No green grass and most annuals are gone due to watering restrictions.  Very scary fire danger out there.  We have a field behind our back fence and it it just dried out brush just waiting for the right time to take off---fingers crossed.  The whole west coast is sizzling it seems.  Hoping things are well where you are and that now that the dog-days of summer are here you are safe and enjoying the season's end.


5 comments:

  1. I remember blowing bubbles when I was so young, a tiny stick with a wire hoop, maybe my Dad made it, and home made liquid to use. Fun galore, no wonder your littlies enjoyed it so much. Pity about the vege eater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you all stay safe. Bubbles are fun no matter the age.
    God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "bubble" pool. lol
    So sorry that you have such horrid heat and drought. Not fun.
    Love that you snuck up on little Miss No-Pictures Please. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drought seems crazy to me Joanne. I always think of rain when I think of where you live. I sure hope this isn't becoming a pattern. Our drought has gone on too long here too. My husband went north yesterday for wood cutting and he said things are so dry. He went early in Aug. in case the forest service has to keep wood cutters out because of it being so dry. Lucky for him, when he got there, the forest service had already cut all the dead wood out and stacked it in huge bunks, free for the taking. Because of the drought, the forests have so much beetle damage and deadwood that it is ripe for a fire if they don't get the dead out. He was thrilled to not have to work so hard. He hopes to go and get a couple more loads this week. This is north of where you and I met in Hailey, about another 60 miles north in the mountains.
    I loved seeing little M playing in your yard. Whatever it takes to bribe them into coming and seeing us is fair, me thinks!
    much love....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bubble pictures!!!!! How awesome! A new pool!!! I, too, try to avoid the outside. I get sunsickness very easy so I can't be out in the sun too much. It is very hot here now. Yuck. I love the pictures of Miss M and her mommy too!

    I hope you get some rain soon!!!

    Love you!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...