"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

these are the good old days...

...I thought it would be harder, much more difficult.  The walk away.

after all it's been almost 8 years and one thousands posts, pieces of myself that I was turning away from.  I didn't think it would be so easy.

I  wondered if it would all come crashing down.  Sharing so much of one's life is not easy to walk away from.  I had fantasies of being missed, worried of, fretted over.  But the walk away was so easy.  Too easy.

I used to come here for solace, for support, for friendship and for a very long time I found exactly that.  Then something changed.  Me, I suppose.

it wasn't planned, not at all.   Just happened one day and I haven't looked back until today.  And now the longing begins again.

maybe the meandering back will be easy also.

hope you are all well.

6 comments:

  1. I've been gone a long time, too, my friend. Like just got busy and complicated and the time I had left over to blog was snippets and my posts just became a burden so I had to go for a while. Thankfully, life is returning to normal and I am so blessed...

    Must have just been the right moment to stop in and say hello.

    xoRebecca @ A Gathering Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meandering is good. It brings us where we need to be, when we need to be there.

    Normal is one of my very favorite words in the whole world--no appts. no worries just plain old vanilla Life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne. Good to see you here.
    I believe bloggers are very understanding people....they have to be. Who else, as you said, would put themselves out there to total strangers with fingers crossed that someone may relate to what is happening in their life.

    You got my attention right away with your artistic flair and sense of humour.
    And besides you live in a beautiful, if somewhat wet, part of the world!!

    Welcome back in any capacity you so desire. Your outlook, courage, and spirit is always welcome in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always just figure people are busy with real life.
    *hugs*
    Hope you are well. God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I try to comment, it won't let me. It's always good to see you Jojo, whether it's here or on FB. I remember we all used to blog all the time and it has changed. We've met some wonderful friends along the way :) You are one of them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you do come meandering back. I know so often I am overwhelmed by blogging. Mostly because it IS personal to me and I feel a connection to many sister-bloggers even though I haven't met them in person.
    There is so much to read, so much to ponder, and I can communicate with others in seconds via their comment option. Sometimes there is too much to take in, or too much to share and I shut down , take my time gardening, cleaning, writing letters, reading books ~ ignoring my computer. Anything but blogging. Slowly though , I do meander back. This is how I have been feeling lately too.

    I hope you meander back whenever it suits you !

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...