"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, June 25, 2015

room with a view...

...a few weeks ago I had a 'simple' one hour out patient procedure on my leg.  "Band-aid" surgery they call it.  Well we all know better right?  I had a really nasty reaction to the anesthesia and spent five days in the real hospital.  It was not pleasant in any way shape or form, as I suppose most hospital visits are unless you are giving birth, then at least you have something to show for it.  All I have to show for it is a HUGE bill and another round of prosthetic fittings.  Oh yeah, I did get the band-aid.

This was the view from my room.  Hard for me to see since I was laying down most of the time but at least hubby had something to watch while he spent hour upon hour at my bedside.  He really is a keeper!





 

5 comments:

  1. You poor girl! I am glad you are home now but what a thing to have happen! Glad you have such a supportive hubby...he's a keeper! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it Joanne! I'm so sorry! I hate being in the hospital...hate it. I'm the one that the is always asking, "when do I get to go home, huh, huh, huh?"

    Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes on FB, it made my day to have the girls post something nice about me (and thank heaven, post a decent photo :)Those are pretty few and far between. You know Dale calls me Juniebird, and he's always saying when someone posts a photo of me, "there's are rare sighting of a Juniebird".I loved seeing your wishes, I think of you so much.
    sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Joanne, I'm sure you didn't expect this.I do hope that the surgery went well, even if the outcome wasn't the best. Rest well,and enjoy your spring and summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trauma to the body ouch...takes time to get over things, doesn't it?...shakes out our lives in so many ways...hope you are able to press on and reclaim your rhythm. Isn't a really- by -your -side spouse something...wow..makes all the difference. And God loves us, broken as we are.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...