"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, March 27, 2015

quick update...

thank you all for being so concerned after my last post.

I managed to stay awake long enough for my hubby to drag me to the doctor today.  Really nothing going on, at least not just one thing.  Just that time of year with the hay fever, the time change, etc.  I had to stop one of my pain meds because of insurance issues so that and the spring fever is getting me down.  Going to try some more Vit. D, melatonin, folic acid, and a different pain management protocol.  I must admit I always have a lot going on health wise and this year has been rough so far.  I just didn't bounce back after that last surgery in January and I still don't have a prosthesis so go figure, I'm a little blue.   

If you take melatonin or ambien would you please leave your thoughts in the comments.  I don't like adding new meds when I don't know what to expect.

Have a good weekend all, I get to see my babies and grands on Sunday, woo-hoo.  Be safe, be inspired.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe this is seasonal, and spring is not coming soon enough. Do you have daylight saving? That always messed me up years ago when I had to "always" get up early, and we all rushed out the door together for work, and to meet the school bus.. Weeks and weeks of telling myself the real time was OK. Hugs, take care, this too will pass for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs*
    God bless.
    The pollen is hitting us hard this year, too.
    Have a blessed Sunday and enjoy seeing your family. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resting is one of the works of life...healing takes energy...contentment is a good work to do and ironically also a gift to receive from on high as the "world" seems to rush by every so busy and important. You were asking what other's tell themselves to break through the gauzy gray barriers that envelop when they body has needs, the night's rest flees and vision wanes...yes? These are some of things I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am encouraged to find I am not the only one seeming to need so much extra sleep lately. Pain does keep me awake often enough that when I finally do fall into a sound sleep it is a long sleep. I have read a few other blogs lately where the bloggers are experiencing the same thing. Plus, with your health issues your body is healing and healing is a lot of hard work for a body !

    I hope you're feeling more energetic soon. ( Can't tell you anything about Ambien but I heard a news report that you should not take melatonin if you have diabetes.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would research natural oils. They have been aiding me in an assortment of issues since I cannot take, nor do I wish to, any pain meds or sleep aids.
    New studies are possibly linking sleeping aids to alzheimers?

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...