"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

random, nonsensical, monday snap...(57)

...as we plod along into 2015 trying to wrap up all the loose ends of last year and keep those resolutions for this year we continue on with "Monday snap,"  as snapshot if you will, of my wild and wonderful life including photos.  Yay me.

When we last visited I had just cleaned out my fridge in anticipation of the New Year and my plan of 'clean eating.'   I made a big pot of veggie soup, got rid of all the old dressings, wiped down the walls and et 'voila, a clean fridge.   We rang in the New Year and promptly went grocery shopping and spent $$$ buying all new food, organizing it according to the chart in my new cookbook, sat back and waited for the good health to begin...


(not my fridge but close, we have less juice and don't eat eggs)


 Now, this is not a new diet, I won't even try that but it is healthier than we were eating.  The hardest part for me is giving up milk and coffee.  Really, how can you live in Seattle and not have a latte?  And decaf, nah, what is the point?  So we are upping the veggies and fruit, adding a little more cheese, yogurt, and lean meat, and tea.  That in itself is not easy as I don't eat meat or eggs so adding protein has always been difficult for me.  I found some protein bars that meet the nutritional criteria listed so I have had a few of those, at 20mg protein per bar they pack a punch (less than 5mg sugar so it passes the diabetic test too.)

I am currently watching TCM and it must be Italy night.  Suzanne Pleshette and Troy Donahue in Rome Adventure.  Weren't they married for a minute or so?  My hubby always had a little crush on her, especially when she was on the Newhart show.  I think it was her voice, a little raspy and a lot sexy.  He liked Kathleen Turner back in the day for the same reason.  I must have had a cold when he met me, it's the only thing I have in common with them.  Ha.

 I am thinking of upgrading my little point and shoot camera with a 'new to me' Canon.  Here's the pic;



I know there are newer models but I'm a beginner and I can get this one at a great price from someone I know.  All you camera buffs out there please chime in and let me know what you think.    

enjoy your week, be well...be


6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a great looking scene. What a picture perfect refrigerator. But no coffee? We just switched over to almond milk...not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the camera!!! I don't know anything about it, I just love the looks of it! I have an old digital one now but I just use my phone mostly now.

    I am glad to hear the protein bars are passing the diabetic test and the protein test! Giving up milk would be super hard for me as I love it. We drink about 2 glasses a day around here. One with breakfast and one with dinner.

    Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anything about that camera. What I will tell you is that I fined point and shoot cameras preferable now that my eyesight leaves something to be desired, even with bifocals.

    Depending on how the canon focuses, you will not probably not want to use it for things that may move quickly. I found 'fresnel' lenses - lenses which start out of focus and have to be turned to focus - to be impossible for me to focus, ever.

    Many use a 'split lens' - your picture is sort of divided in half, and you turn the lens to focus the picture. That was easier for me; but I still often found the focus not always clear.

    If it auto focuses, then Canon is a good name in cameras. We've had one similar to what you are thinking of getting, and liked it.
    But I finally got hubby to get a little point and shoot camera and he got a Canon Powershot.

    I did a quick look. If you can focus it and see what you are shooting, it sounds like a great deal.

    Good luck with the camera and the revised eating plan. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the point and shoots. Our boys both had Canons and the photos turned out beautifully. That model is an easy to grip one which we like in our house.

    Healthier eating must be springing up all over. No sugar for me--I'm surviving with lots of water, tea and salty things. I feel much better and very virtuous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a minute you had me going there Joanne I was thinking wow, that's her fridge???
    Good luck with the healthy eating I really believe it is the basis of feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Be!
    First off, I must know the brand of that protein bar with less than 5g of sugar. We are looking for something like that. Hard to find one here without all the sugar.
    Canon makes great cameras. It is a step up for you and I think you will be amazed at what you will get. I was when I upgraded a few years back. Yet Joanne, you have a 'good eye' and no matter what camera you use, the result will be great.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...