"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

out my window....


I can be grateful that I am not looking out into ten feet of snow with drifts and below freezing temps.  I can be grateful that it's not raining, raining, raining.  But I'm having a hard time being grateful that I have to clean up this yard.  Should have done it in steps but now there it is just waiting.  It will get mowed and mulched and put in the gardens but first the raking must be done because a dog has to do what a dog has to do and he's not telling me where it is hiding.  Have a great day out there.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of leaves, but better than 8 feet of snow, at least this can be recycled as mulch, , and the lovely autumn colours. Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it is hard to see the doggy-doodies in the leaves in my backyard, I manage to step in pretty much all of them , sheesh ! Things are pretty smelly at the boot rack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at the doggy comment hehehe. Yes, so thankful for no snow! I really feel for those poor souls in upstate NY.
    Hope you have a happy and peaceful weekend sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cold frosty mornings so that I can harvest doggy popsicles rather than mush later in the day. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had a few inches of snow but now it is gone!!!! Thankfully!!!! I can understand how you wouldn't want to do those leaves too! I wouldn't!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...