"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

wrap it up...




before I get started today I need to clear up a few things on the blog.  I don't know why, but I am having a hella' trying to leave or respond to comments.  Is everyone suddenly a no reply comment, please check as this is most frustrating.  With that in mind I need to reply to a comment directly here;  farmlady, I think you may have read something into my last post that was not intended...I am happy.  Just snarky, which is a whole different animal!  Thank you for worrying, I really do appreciate it.  

Okay, now the font has changed and the spacing and who knows what will appear next.  It's like being stuck in a magic show....

I am posting, by request, the recipe for the sweet-potato, apple tart.  A few notes before hand.  I didn't use a spring form pan although the recipe calls for one.  I also omitted the onion and used a small amount of sage.  Be sure to slice your potatoes very thinly so they will cook through all the way. That's my only advice.  We had it as our main meal with salad, tomatoes and avocados.   If you give it a try please let me know, did you like it, what changes did you make?   Happy cooking.   Still slicing apples over here!
 

Recipe  sweet potato, apple tart via Woman's Day magazine.

7 comments:

  1. I am laughing at you for being Snarky. I LIKE your snarky and know that you mean to be SNARKY---not sad! You just have an off-beat sense of humor and way of looking at things -which is one of the things I like best about you!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on slicing, next thing it will be" Dinner, oh yes, loads of goodies in the freezer" and you will be so thankful. And I'll look at that recipe, often the best ones come from a blogger friend. Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm vegetarian so a perfect recipe for me. Can I just check, the recipe method talks about Sweet Potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes, are they the same thing? Thanks : ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm vegetarian also and this really hit the spot. Yukon potatoes and Sweet potatoes are two different things and I used one of each. If you can't find Yukon I would think that a firm type of potato, like a white, would work.

      Delete
  4. Joanne, Do you remember Hal ?? That computer that took over. I think we are headed there. Some times my computer does things differently then goes back to the original format. Creepy. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why I didn't mention this on the previous post, but at work they sometimes call me "Snarky Starkey"...Ha! I need to find some good apples and make something wonderful...love the header photo here...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea you could now "reply" to blogger comments! I might had known if I blogged again hahaha. There's no telling if I could still do it. I know. Try it. "Snarky Scott" has a good ring to it!! But you couldn't say it over and over or you may get "snot" . Sorry. Couldn't resist! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...