"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, September 27, 2014

in search of...

...cookie.

as I make my rounds about the thrift stores I always keep my eyes on the look-out for original Sesame Street items.  Last year, around this time, I found the original characters in Christmas ornaments.  Way back from the 60's.  I set them up on a little tree just for Miss M and she adored them.  This past week I was fortunate enough to come across this lovely.  Original, box unopened, still sealed, $4.00.  I was so excited to show them to my daughter and we are planning a day to use it....maybe for Christmas or an upcoming birthday.   My pal~ Cookie Monster and friends.






  doesn't that look like little grandbaby fun?   mmmmmm, cookie!

7 comments:

  1. Down here we call them "Op-Shops" and I must admit, a favourite place to go, look, browse, and finally come home with what someone else has discarded, to me a real treasure. What a great find for you. Cheers,Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be a great time, making cookies with your g.baby. Kids love making and eating cookies...part of me must still be a kid...I sure like the eating part.:):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to collect figurines from SOUTHPARK and I would line them up in my office at work. One day one of the firemen brought in his 10 year old daughter and, after she left, I noticed ALL my figurines were GONE. No way could I suggest to him that his daughter took them, but I still wish I had them in MY possession. She's married now, so time has passed but the memory lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky! Congratulations. What a wonderful find. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how awesome!!!!!! Miss M will have so much fun with these!!!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful find and I'm sure it will be a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...