"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hello September...

"in the external scheme of things,
(all photos in this post were taken by me and are of a sunflower gone to see and left for the birds, squirrels, etc.)

shining moments are as brief as the twinkling of an eye,
yet such twinkling's are what eternity is made of~~
moments when we human beings can say...
"I love you," "I'm proud of you," "I forgive you," "I'm grateful for you."
that's what eternity is made of...invisible, imperishable, good stuff."

the world according to Fred Rogers.

4 comments:

  1. The details of a sunflower gone to seed are amazing...I at first thought the last picture was of silver machinery because it is so uniform and silvery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the cycle of plants in my gardens. Nature .......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I missed a golden opportunity! We drove to the garage sale of all garage sales...do you know the one??? I'm sure you do!!! We traveled to Packwood, walked around for three or so hours, and dumb me, wore new shoes...OUCH!!! Anyhoo, we've gone several times, even camped out, and walked from one end of town to the other...bought way too many silly things we didn't need, ate out of the traveling food vendors-mobiles, but this time was different...neither one of us bought a single thing! Amazing, we had to admit, we have enough junque & stuff, and left it all there!!! But, the one thing I missed, was making plans with you, because I think we probably weren't too far away! :-( It would have made my day for sure!!! Next summer we'll just have to plan a visit for sure! I can't believe summer is over, or at least for me, I go back to school tomorrow! xo Debbie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite philosophers--you can never go wrong with kindness and he had it perfected!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...