"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, August 29, 2014

moments...





there is something about the end of August, something in the air that makes me think of new beginnings.  I can hear the sounds of the high school band and the cheering for the football team and I am taken back to a different place and time.  There is an electricity in the air, a hopeful excitement.  New shoes, new clothes, new coat, and new school supplies all ready at the waiting.  Which outfit to wear for the first day...no jeans or pants allowed (for the girls).
Then as quickly as it comes it fades away and I am standing in the parking lot of the grocery store.  An old woman living on sweet moments of past memories.

4 comments:

  1. Joanne, that photo is wonderful....harvest time here too. I must get down to the valley to stock up.
    Yes, this time of year if filled with those late August early September memories and what great ones they were, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got my first batch of delish apples from the orchard last weekend. Honey Crisps are wonderful! When we lived in town I enjoyed taking my daily walk past the high school this time of year. The band was usually outside practicing and the football team was too....Can't believe it will be Sept. on Monday. Oh well, a little holiday to cheer us up! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥ :-)
    Have blessed weekend, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well..maybe time isn't as linear as we generally perceive it to be? There are many things in life it has taken me years to unwrap and receive...but they were given to me long long ago...and then again...then and now ...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...