"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, August 15, 2014

Fred's song...

..after a very fit-full nights sleep, wrought with nightmares, anxiety and much nerve pain, I awoke this morning only to find that my world was just a little bit smaller.

My prosthetist, my confidant, my cheerleader in all things related to amputation, my friend, had perished after a short battle with his own demons.

I will miss you always Fred Cato, you are a shining jewel in the crown of my life and I will always remember your kindness, your laughter, and how you always--ALWAYS made my day better.  Love you.




"unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality."   emily dickinson

6 comments:

  1. Such a tender tribute...my condolences...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I am sending hugs and prayers. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred Cato sounds like a wonderful man. Thank you for introducing him here, Joanne. My heartfelt sympathy to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing a friend is never easy and Fred sounds like he was so special and supportive. I know you'll miss him but cherish his memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much sadness this week. I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. He sounds like he was a wonderful man. Your tribute to him is touching and heartfelt. Sending hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sorry Joanne. Words are never enough.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...