"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Monday snap...


Oh Henryi!



this is a "Henryi" clematis, a gift from my son.  this is the first time in three years that he has bloomed.  And yes, that is the correct spelling.
My father's name was Henri, with an 'i," although most people used a 'y.'   He hated it, never used it in life always preferring to go by his middle name.  Strangely enough the name he used was not really his middle name, which I found out when I took care of his estate and had to find his birth certificate.
 He was French-Canadian and as was the custom back in the day his parents gave their children several names.  Henri was only one of five names he had.  Three of which I never knew, but when strung together and spoken in French became very lyrical.
Not so much in English though!  How appropriate that my son would find and gift me with a beautiful bloom that is spelled in such an original way...just like my daddy.

8 comments:

  1. He's a beauty Joanne. I think your son is a keeper if those are the kinds of gifts he chooses for his mom. I love that he chose one with your father's name. I love Henryi...the bloom is such a pure white and blooms for a long time.
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, I love your story and your beautiful clematis. Such a nice gift. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gift that will continue to keep on giving. Beautiful! Now, can we move onto Fall?. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower and a wonderful story, Joanne. :-)
    Have a blessed week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blooms were worth the wait--it's a simply gorgeous white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure! What a wonderful story and discovery of family history. Henry is more of a popular name today. I love the spelling "Henri"...so French! Have a good week enjoying those blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos of this most beautiful Clematis, Joanne. Funny thing, ours hasn't bloomed in a few years either. Oh those temperamental French Canadians!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful! Such a wonderful gift ♥

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...