"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, June 23, 2014

the good, the bad and the solstice...






***just a quick note:  I am unable to access any blogs today to leave comments, also, for quite some time this afternoon I was getting messages that I didn't have a blog.  Don't know if the two things are related to blogger or my computer is at it again but it is very frustrating.  Happy Monday and I will be around to visit as soon as I can.

bing images
I wanted to thank you all for your heart-felt suggestions on my last post.  I also wanted to respond to each of you personally but honestly I am at the same point I was when I posted.  I am considering putting them back in the box and putting it in a safe place until I can decide what to do, with the exception of telling one person about it, one I trust inherently to know the right thing to do if I should not get the chance.  The more I think about this option the more comfortable I am.  I am still struggling with the fact that I may have crossed a line that would embarrass my folks immensely if they knew.  I will deal with that...eventually.






For some good new, finally, I saw a hand surgeon today and he feels that surgery is unnecessary at this time.  I will continue to wear the splint until I am finished with hand therapy, about a month.  So relieved.

How freakin' old do I look?  I can't tell you how many times in the last few weeks strangers have patted me on the arm and said "you have to expect these things when you get to a certain age,"   or "these fractures are a product of aging and are really not unusual for someone your age."  I feel like I should have a boy scout ready at the waiting in case I want to cross the street!  gah. 

In mere minutes the summer solstice will arrive bringing with it all sorts of anticipation.  I spent last summer in the hospital or in the house recovering from the hospital and I am soooo looking forward to catching up on my outside fun time.  First up, this weekend, the deck and the secret garden.  Both need a good sweeping, weeding, and planting of some pretties.  Pretty lame to have such lofty summer plans eh?    I don't mind, honestly at this time, I am just so damn happy to be.

And you?   what are your summer plans?    Enjoy, be safe, be sane (?) be well, have courage dear ones.

5 comments:

  1. To embarrass your folks would serve no purpose...would it. Wrap it up and store it. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you don't need surgery!!!!! I agree, put them away for now and decide later! Have a wonderful time outside!!!!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* *hugs* *hugs* ♥ God bless, Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, sweet Joanne! How nice it was to see your beautiful face on Google+ this morning. I have missed you since I moved to Wordpress. I still once in awhile post on Blogspot but not often. I think if you give it some time and after you share with the other person you will know exactly what to do with those letters. Wishing you all the best in your decision. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you don't need surgery and can enjoy the summer. I hope you find a good solution for the letters. I would put them away for now and see if time helps in the decision process.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...