"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, May 23, 2014

We're calling tnem the 'watergate brownies...'


so recently I was gifted a bag of lemons.  Have you noticed the price of lemons??  I love lemons and all things lemony so I began to look for something new to try to bake.  Be forewarned, I'm not a baker, don't like it at all but for some reason lately I've been trying to think outside the box.  The box...I love it!

I found a recipe for "Lemonies" that sounded great, basically a lemon brownie.  I can do that.   So I got my ingredients together, dry in one bowl, wet in another, asked hubby to squeeze some lemons for me, still can't to that one handed!






Everything mixed up, in the pan and baking away as directed.   Twenty minutes later I pull them out and what the??  I look over the ingredient list again, no not missing anything, all was carefully measured.   Went back to the computer to look at the 'after' photo, hmmmm, definitely something wrong here.   Mine were flat and dry actually quite pathetic looking.  Hers?  you know, moist and fluffy.

Now the cover-up.  With a nice heavy layer of lemon glaze and some fresh lemon zest and berries and voila.   From drab to fab.





what are your weekend plans?   I still have lemons to turn into something~~~something.  Enjoy

9 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering just looking at those, Joanne! I love a lemon dessert-dry-wet-flat-fluffy....and I am OFF sugar so I can only drool into my keyboard here. I sure hope you can use your hand soon. What is the prognosis on that?

    My grandson tore the tendon in his thumb yesterday and will probably have to have surgery as his thumb is at a 90 degree angle. Poor kid! xop Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything lemon is (by definition) delicious. Doesn't matter how it looks because it always tastes delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it certainly looks delicious the way you have served it. Great cover -up. YUM . xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious, so your cover-up worked. I bet it WAS delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painting.

    Looks like you came up with the perfect solution!
    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That a girl... "When someone gives you lemons..." you know. AND... when the lemon recipe didn't come out like the picture... you added some glaze and fresh berries. Excellent save, and they look delicious. Can I have one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great Joanne! Good cover-up too! I bet they tasted good.
    Good photos too!
    Plans.....let me see.....hm-m-m-m......
    Lemonade is good!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look awfully yummy!!!! i have the spring concert tomorrow for my students and then not much for Monday. I have to find out if my students are going to have lessons or reschedule. i am thinking most will reschedule but you never know!!!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you figure out what went wrong?

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...