"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

trivial tuesday...



...day 12 of my forced sinistral handedness, and it is slow going.  every single thing takes five times longer than it should and we all know that patience is the least of my virtues. after doing some reading on left-handedness (and being the mother of three lefty's) i came across some interesting, funny and frightening facts about them.  of course i am really too lazy to repeat them to you so here is the link.

we had a very quiet Easter over here, just the two of us.   i prefer the 'all  of us' celebrations to the 'two of us' holidays but i know i must share.  i remember hearing something about that in preschool!  the problem with the two of us holidays is that it tends to lead me down the path of melancholy.  so much for the Easter bunny.  how was your holiday?

do you want to talk about the blue hour?   do you already know what it is?  I read about it and haven't had a chance to try it so I'm not sure if it's real or not.  any of you true photography buffs would probably know...  (no cheating wiki fans)


have a great Tuesday ;j




sinistral

3 comments:

  1. I was on someone's blog a while ago and she was hosting something about the blue hour for photography and had pictures. I had never heard of it before but the photos were quite good and amazing...of course they probably had good cameras, too- something I don't possess. lol

    Yes- those 2 of you Holidays are different, aren't they? We actually have them quite often because of John's work schedule...and being home bound when he is on call. I have got to the point where it doesn't bother me like it once did. I will take my joy in bits and pieces where I can find it.

    Off to bed here- I am wiped out tonight....it was a long first day home. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. have no idea what the blue hour is. so sorry for your "break" been there and done that, no fun. I'm spending quiet time with my friend in Florida her mom passed 2 months ago and she has been grief stress starving and weeping. Had to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know anything about blue hour. Had a quiet Easter here, too. Holidays don't mean anything when family is 1500 miles away and you are retired.
    That said, our youngest (25) has just moved in with us because he's been unemployed for over a year. (Thank you, Mr. Obama, and thank you, worthless Congress.)
    Sorry.

    *hugs*

    God bless you and comfort you, Joanne. ♥

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...