"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, April 18, 2014

I just dropped in...

to see what condition my condition was in.  (who sang that tune?)

it's been awhile, does this thing work, is anyone out there??? or have you all (3) deserted me?  I've been trying to keep up with you all but i must admit it's been tiring.

Yesterday, after ten days in a splint, I had my arm 'set' and  cast.  The doc will check it again in two weeks and make a decision about surgery.   I am not left handed so this has been a real lesson in patience, believe me patience is losing.

Do you have any idea how many things you can drop on the floor in one day, and just how far away that floor is?  With one arm cast and a back brace on it looks like a mine field around here.  I can't even manage to use my 'gopher' since I can't squeeze my fingers together.  BUT I'm not complaining...really(!)...much.   Hubby deserves a crown, so lucky to walk this journey with this man.

stay well friends, you are often in my thoughts  <3 br="">

8 comments:

  1. Joanne, You need longer toes :):) That's how you pick things up in your condition. Gee girl, I hope you start to heal and become brand new again. Thinking of you today and wishing you a Good Friday. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ding-ding-ding- Kenny Rogers & The First Edition!!! I remember that song so well!
    Sorry you have had such an awful time, Joanne. Miserable to not be able to do things for yourself. You must be quite a picture with back brace and cast!
    God bless you and I will be praying for you this Easter weekend. I am glad your hubby is so good about helping you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. The healing part is the hardest but I've come to know a really tough gal and you are amazing. I will continue the prayers for you and family and I do hope your Easter weekend is filled with blessings. Hang in there..this #3 blog friend is pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you too Joanne!
    Sounds like a tough time you've been having. Hang in there....not that you have any choice in the matter being so confined physically. Sending healing energy and positive thoughts your way. Stay strong my friend! Your #4 friend, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hugs* God bless. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter, Joanne. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne - my word, Girl!! you have got great spirit! If Hubby deserves a crown - then you should be donning the Royal Badge of Courage!! Sending you all goodness and light... get well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you post! One fingered typing?? Hang in there!

    You reminded me of my bout with sciatica--the floor was indeed a very long ways down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope you don't need surgery and that you are healing wonderfully!!!!! I do believe that the floor is a long way down!!! Good luck with your recovery!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...