"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, March 30, 2014

well, she's gone to meet her maker....


on the anniversary of my mother's death I want to remember,
 ...she loved sunny skies and rainbows,
she loved a day at the beach,
shopping for trinkets,
and reading a great mystery.
she was funny and fiery,
and a very complicated soul
she loved flowers and spring
and the wonderful fresh bounty that
the summer's market would bring
 she loved sleepy babies, her own but more so
her beautiful grandbabies.  she would have given anything
to see them grown with families of their own
 but she had places to go, things to do,
gone to save her soul.

and it's way past my bedtime,
well past my bedtime,
"Angel my angel fly over me angel."

Yes, I believed in you, I believe in you...but where did you go, dear mommy, where did you go?

11 comments:

  1. Oh- I am so sorry, Joanne. I do believe that angels fly over us and protect us and carry us when we can't carry ourselves sometimes. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, I cried reading this post. She must have been a great mother. I miss my mother , I don't think we ever stop longing for one more hug or kind word. Your mother will be around you always. May the Lord ease your heart. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, a big ((hug)) because that's the most important thing so you know you are loved and not alone in this. Your mother sounds wonderful. The love and laughter you shared, the memories you made together, the happiness that she brought you--these are the things that bring comfort. Sending good thoughts to you and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss and thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My Mom has been gone just one month and I miss her more everyday. I pray the strength of friends and family holds you up as you grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry Jo that you've lost your Mom. I'm sending a big hug to you and prayers also. Your tribute was lovely and she sounds like she was a wonderful Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your mom. Praying for peace and comfort for you.
    Katie
    Let's Add Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very sorry. Time will bring healing, but will never erase the memories. Rest easy in that knowledge. I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Joanne--that was so beautiful. I lost Mama Mar.30, 2011 and I know how much I miss her! still. Our mamas are so special to us, although we know they're in a better place--we never really stop missing them!! My thoughts are with you, dear! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanne ~ I feel your pain! the last comment you left on my blog indicated you know where I'm going with posts on my sad winter. I just lost my Mom. It's hard to know what to say to someone. I do know that my love will never waiver, my joy for the good memories will not diminish.... I'm sure you feel same. May those sweet memories comfort you. I am sorry for your loss.
    Shari - Abundant Picnic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joanne, so sorry to hear this. This tribute to your mother was beautiful and heartfelt. I hope you find solace in all those wonderful things your mother enjoyed throughout her life. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...