"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, March 27, 2014

the spring trifecta...


...as I was looking out my kitchen window today, pondering all the things in my home that weigh more than one pound, I noticed these three things (and yes, they are all like the other, Sesame Street);



this is Spring in my backyard.  Some forsythia starting to bloom it's bright yellow while the maple tree slowly awakes from Winter and the blossoming cherry tree tries to hide it's blush...the leaves from last Fall cover the green grass as it spreads it's carpet of green.  One season flowing to another...and crap, there is a lot of work to do.

I have sprung my back and now must spend the next few weeks on bed-rest with a lifting weight restriction of one pound.  How many things can possibly weigh less than a pound.  I'm thinking pound cake, how about you?

7 comments:

  1. Well let's see...pound cake by the forkful? Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG-Joanne-1#- What is it that weighs ONE POUND? Even a gallon of Ice Cream weighs more than one pound. I hope you can get your back straightened out soon. You continue to be in my prayers. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forsythia, Forsythia, where for art thou Forsythia? Not in my neighborhood! The temps will have to rise above freezing for a bit first! Your yard may spell "work" to you, but it give me hope that we may actually see that one day! A pound is not much and I'm sorry you have to endure the pain and the frustration of a bad back. A pound cake is good, but I'll have to go with a pound of chocolate.....what do ya say?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, YA YA beat me to it, was going to say chocolate too!
    I hurt my back once, years ago, and had to stay in bed and the pain was fierce!! As the day wore on, the pain subsided and then, it was completely GONE. I hope your pain goes away but even quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that says spring to me. It looks very pretty too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne, you are so funny!....being so poetic then smacking us the side of the head!! lol
    We leaves our leaves on the garden for the winter too (we don't have grass). It can be very good coverage and hopefully breaks down some and adds mulch to grass.garden.
    Blossoms look great....WAY ahead of us!
    I am sure you will find all the one pound 'things' that you can handle for now. Please take care and sending healing energy your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say wait for a good wind and all those leaves will be in someone else's yard. Get well soon and enjoy those forsythia. I always know it's truly and actually springtime in Reno when they bloom, so I LOVE'em!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...