"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday (no) snap...


...no snappy photos to enhance an otherwise boring post this Monday, *sigh*

welcome,  you first Monday of Spring;

with your sunny blue skies and kiss of warmth;
that will soon turn in to April showers.

with your singing birds and sprouting buds;
reminding me that I have yet to rake up the leaves from last Fall,

with your flowers that entice me to make a bouquet,
only to find they are weeds I have yet to pull (and not the pretty kind).

with your gorgeous green colours
showing me the moss on the sidewalks and driveways.

with your Yin and Yang
reminding me of the give and take that is this time of year.

Welcome Spring~~so glad to see your shining face,
so glad that you've kicked Winter on it's merry way,
so glad to be filled with hope
so glad to be here
so glad.


8 comments:

  1. Joanne, I like this post. Sometimes it's hard to come up with a photo. I go thru my old ones most times. Wishing you some Spring weather. It's going to be cold here in Indiana for the next few days. Glad you are safe, praying for those in your State that have lost loved ones and going thru the mud slides. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No photo needed--your words were all that's needed. You are so right about the yin and yang. I'm usually so deliriously happy to be out in nicer weather that the chores and the fun get thoroughly mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Joanne! For you that is. We are hunkering down for a BIG nor'easter tomorrow night.....supposed to be a doozie! then maybe we'll be celebrating spring along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pics necessary, the post was perfect! Of course, Spring has skipped over Ohio but the 19de. temps this morning and the "Spring snow" did make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, Joanne. *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty piece of prose, Joanne! Crazy day around here- hope your day was a good one- will catch up with you more when I have a bit of time- Love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie! My thoughts exactly! Thanks for putting into words for me :)))
    I have been worrying that you were somewhere near the slide so I had to look up Oso and see that it is north of you. It is such a heartbreak. I am praying for all those families who are looking for their loved ones.
    Have a wonderful spring Joanne. I finally got out in the garden yesterday. No buds, no green, but soon I hope.
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope spring weather is on its way. It is still below 30 degrees here and it snowed again yesterday. I am ready. I am getting that spring cold though so it must be on its way! I hope spring is a great one for you!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...