"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, February 23, 2014

an old homesteaders shack....




composed of mirror, LED lighting, custom built electronic equipment and Arduino programming amalgamated with a preexisting structure, this architectural intervention, at first, seems alien in context to the bleak landscape.  Upon further viewing, Lucid Stead imposes a delirious, almost spiritual experience.  Like the enveloping vista that changes hue as time passes, Lucid Stead transforms.  In daylight the 70 year old homesteader shack, that serves as the armature of the piece, reflects and refracts the surrounding terrain like a mirage or an hallucination. As the sun tucks behind the mountains, slowly shifting, geometric color fields emerge until they hover in the desolate darkness. This transformation also adapts personal perception, realigning one’s sensory priorities. A heightened awareness of solitude and the measured pace of the environment is realized.
go here for the details.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't decide if that is cool or weird....lol How very unusual. I have never seen anything like it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is amazing... I've never seen anything like that...

    Thanks for visiting me!

    I'm so sorry that I gave you something else to worry about with your hubby's upcoming brain surgery. It actually went very well and he had an excellent surgeon. He was one that just had some complications. The strokes had nothing to do with the brain surgery... It was just a coincidence. They know that for sure. Where the original clot was could not have caused the strokes where they were. I pray your hubby feels better whatever the decision on surgery is, and again, I'm sorry if I added to your stress about it.

    Hugs to you!
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really interesting Joanne. I will forward this to my niece who is visiting Joshua Tree this week. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is truly something. The shack reminded me of the outbuilding on our property.
    *hugs* God bless and comfort you, Joanne. ♥

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...