"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

have you seen me???


...we missed the annual parade of Poinsettias at our local nursery this year.  Usually held early in December it's purpose to show-off all the lovely Christmas trees and decorations and spotlight the Poinsettia. There is live music, carolers and little goodies.   We went yesterday to see what was left. For years and years the only colour I ever saw was red, not my favourite.  But in recent years there has been an explosion of different colours besides the usual red, white and pink.  Now they are striped, and dotted, and maybe next year plaid!   This was a new one for this year...called a Rose Poinsettia.  On first glance it looks much like a red geranium, also not one of my favourites.


 upon closer inspection it reminded me of a Camilla, which I happen to love.
 I really don't see the 'rose' but the blooms are rather ruffled as would an open rose be.
Header picture was taken of another row.  I did end up buying the 'rose' as it was unique and I DO like that!

6 comments:

  1. I love poinsettias as well especially all the different ones in the nursery's.
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and health and happiness in the New Year.
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely picked a pretty one, Joanne. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all . Hope you have a wonderful holiday,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That header photo is beautiful!!. What joyful colors.
    I think that the "rose" is very pretty. Good choice.
    Have a wonderful holiday, Jojo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your header. I a thrilled by the varieties of poinsettias there are to buy now, for very little money too. I just bought a pinkish-red poinsettia with white splatter spots on it. I am going to try to keep it growing year round. Do you keep yours all year? How do they do ?

    The plant you bought is so interesting and unique, especially since it looks like a whole different plant than a poinsettia. So pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all poinsettias Joanne, but I can see that you have found some that are very exotic. Wow. I hope you are doing well and enjoying this beautiful season. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...