"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

blink...

...this past week our temps. have been hovering in the teens.  Rather a cold snap for us.  We don't usually have the type of weather that is sweeping the country and for that I am happy to put up with the usual dreariness that is Washington.
The weatherman was calling for temps. to rise up into the 40's this week.  When I saw this cloud I knew the change was near so I started doing my snow dance.  Barefoot and singing I ran through the forest, jumping over the frozen creek, and dancing around the trees while chanting, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."



You know how all of us Washingtonians panic when snow is in the forecast right?   Just the mere word spoken out loud is cause enough to close the schools and sand all the roads.  Panic stricken drivers and shoppers can't get to safety fast enough...before the dreaded 'snow.'   Not me, I love it.  So last night, with snow in the forecast, I peeked out the windows several times.  Nothing.  Then around 3:30am I saw it.  Like a thief it came quietly in the night covering everything in it's path.  Beautiful flakes from up above falling softly to the earth.



I tried to capture it's beauty by the light of the street lamp.  Hoping for more I went back to bed dreaming of fairies and stardust, sparkles and icicles.  When I awoke in the morning it was gone and we were returned to our regularly scheduled program...rain.

*I love snow but when it does snow I would love it to stay on the grass and off the streets!  Just sayin.

11 comments:

  1. I like the idea of snow...the picture postcard winter wonderland where all is glistening and white. I dislike, maybe even hate the reality of snow; worrying about black ice, driving to work in it, walking so carefully on the pavement so as not to fall on my keester. But if I don't have to work, the pantry is full and the heat is turned up, the Christmas music is playing and I'm curled up on the sofa watching chestnuts roasting on an open fire (I've never done that)...then I like the white stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Deb, I think I'm trying to recreate that postcard picture...in my mind!

      Delete
  2. Well, Miz Joanne- if you are loving snow so much I would be MOST HAPPY to load up a couple of semi's and have them drop it all right on your lawn. That would make BOTH of us happy. I thought we had EVERYTHING in common until I read that you liked snow. That's okay- we can STILL be friends...lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I love it because it is such a rare event here. Once a year we get a few inches, looks pretty, gone in a couple of days. what is not to like about that!

      Delete
  3. I loved seeing the snow and hearing from you again. You have always blessed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yolanda, I was so happy to see you post!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad your snow dance worked it's magic sweetie! I just wish you come and do that over here...just sayin' :)))))))
    much love from me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least it didn't stay *on* the street. ;-)
    *hugs* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know that I understand this passion for snow. It comes so rarely and stays for such a short time that I never get enough. I did a snow dance too a week ago and we got snow that lasted for almost 24 hours, off and on. Woo hoo!
    Now the weather is warming up again. That may be it for us here in the California Foothills. We'll see. I really believe that those snow dances work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when we get our usual snow, I will ship it your way. It snows a lot here but I would rather have snow at times than rain, not all the time, just some of the time. Anyways, it was super cold for a couple of days here too. Today is 28 degrees and it feels ever so much better than 18 degrees that we had yesterday. that was yucky.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne, you are a true Canadian at heart!! Imagine loving SNOW and living on the west coast too!! You are truly out of your element!
    We are expecting our first BIG snow storm tonight and tomorrow. This one is a nor'easter which will sweep in front of the province on the Atlantic and swoop around counter-clockwise and hit us from the north east! You nver really get used to these storms but you will happy to hear that the snow will stay around maybe till spring!!
    Hope your weekend it going well Joanne.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...