"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, November 24, 2013

remember when...








do you remember when:


(click on link....then -go to...hope it works)


to 'the man' on this our day,
our wedding day so long ago,
only it doesn't quite feel like 40 years.
My goodness, we were barely out of our teens,
thinking we knew everything and had all the answers.
Silly.  What we have had is an incredible journey
of discovery together.  Rather difficult at times,
no more, no less than any other long term relationship,
but it was/is our journey, our hopes, our dreams,
our tragedies, our illnesses have only proven to
make us stronger.  Whenever it feels like too
much I always remind myself that we took a
'vow,' we made a promise to be there and turn towards
each other when it was the hardest thing to do,
when all we wanted to do was run.
You are the only man I have ever loved,
well, there were a couple others but you are the one
that stuck, stayed through all the madness and fear.
and I thank you, I love you, I never want to be
without you and your loving arms around me.
Happy 40 Anniversary...big time.

11 comments:

  1. Joanne, Happy anniversary to you and your husband....I wish you many more years of love and understanding . Hope this is a great day for you. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Love your wedding photo, such a handsome couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary dear Jo! I hope you have 40 more great and event filled years. Love your beautiful wedding photo. We will celebrate 40yrs in aug. 2014. Alan Jackson song always makes me cry! We did a DVD for my Mom on her 80th birthday and that was one of the songs..made me cry then too! Have a wonderful day to you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope God blesses you with 40 more, at least.
    *hugs* ♥ Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw... How wonderful life can be sometimes. Happy Anniversary to you both. It's a long road and we just don't know where it will take us. It makes a big difference if you're with someone who you love.
    (In May of 1973 we had our second child. One of the joys of marriage.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 40th anniversary Joanne. Wishing you and your husband many more years of happiness. Enjoy every day you have together.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. 4o years ! We were married the same year. 40 years with the man you love is more precious than riches. Joy and contentment to you . Happy anniversary !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, wonderful tribute to your husband, Joanne. You were a beautiful bride and made a gorgeous couple. Happy Anniversary to you- we are a couple of years behind you. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! We celebrated 31 years on Oct. 15!!! I am your partner for the Christmas ornament swap! PLease send me your address at pls0818@aol.com
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the first 40! I hope you both had a sweet day together!

    I look back at wedding photos and can't believe I was that young and so very certain. I guess you know when you find a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy happy happy happy anniversary!!!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...