"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, November 10, 2013

living out loud...

...and finding my voice.



statue commemorating Henry Ward Beecher, Keystone SD

When I started this blog I had so many hopes for it...not that it would go all famous or that I would become one of the chosen.  Not even thinking that someone else would read it I began to put things down that I wanted my children to see (someday).  I didn't get very far, they don't like this blog thing.

I had hoped to find out things about myself, and I have, some not so pretty.  I had hoped to touch another life in a good way and time will tell, time will tell.

I had hoped to find my lost faith, the part that I struggle with every day, and what I have found is that everyone else is struggling too.

I found DIY blogs and thrifting blogs and got inspired to try some things in my own home, and I have, but I don't often share them and I should change that.

I found strength and courage through watching you all live your lives with both.  And I found inspiration to try new things and be who I really am, someone I have just recently learned to like.

I have found a new-found love for some incredibly strong, talented, gifted, amazing women and the words they've left behind.  And in doing so I have found an inner strength that surprised even me.

This bloggy world is a strange and wonderful land.  It is wrought with imperfection and it's own particular kind of troll.  But if you look beyond that and reach out just a little the kindness you will get in return in immeasurable.  Thank you. be well my friends, cherish is the word. 

4 comments:

  1. Have a blessed Sunday, Joanne. *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne. The most difficult thing I find/found about blogging is sharing personal things about myself. I am getting a little better now at it and I believe it is because I gained courage to do so from fellow bloggers like yourself.
    Some people may not understand and appreciate the 'power' that blogging gives. Power in the best sense of that word.....enabling and encouraging.
    I have learned =t accept so much about myself through blogging and sharing my very simple ordinary life with people around the world and whom I never met......yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying the folks here in blog land...folks like you Jo! I love the pic on your header and your pic on the sidebar. I had to go back and read the conclusion of your travel adventure. The loss of cattle and money to the ranchers was devastating to that area and will soon be felt by the consumer at the meat market. I would have hated seeing all that. I enjoy your blog and your honesty and sincerity. I'll keep tuning in for the continued adventure of your life! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne! What a wonderful post. You have hit the nail right on the head. I believe we find what we are looking for in blogland. If we want to touch bases with others we can-if we choose to make our blog just a daily journal we can, if we want to touch someone's soul -we can.

    I have LOVED getting to know you though your blog and I will say that you have changed since you started blogging--or at least since I found your blog. I think you are more open and I think that you have found some truths thru writing...and I do think that you like the person you are---and , hello...I like you, too! Love to you. Us old broads will just keep working at this together....no offense intended- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...