"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, November 22, 2013

just because I can....

...I will be taking a few days off from the blog.  The reason is two-fold, in the next few days I will go from the lowest low to the highest high as I mourn the loss of my son Matthew and then a few days later celebrate the anniversary of our wedding day.  Crazy how life decided these things should be only days apart.
I will be fine, and checking on you all.  See you before Thanksgiving....j

7 comments:

  1. Life is funny/strange like that Joanne. It takes a lifetime almost to learn to 'roll' with life events and I think you are and will do what needs to be done. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, I am sorry for the loss of your child. He will be with you as you are having your anniversary. May God bless you,xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joanne. I am so sorry- so very, very sorry. I can't imagine losing a child-it has always been one of my fears-but we did lose a little granddaughter and I still can't say her name without crying and it has been seven-no make that eight years. My heart hears you! Peace to you for the next few days-and please come back when you can- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping God will comfort and bless you, Joanne. *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know that you are in my thoughts as you reminisce--wishing you more sweet than bitter moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my Joanne, I am soooooo sorry about the loss of your son Matthew. I am sending you so many prayers and hugs your way.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here I just rejoiced in your 40th anniversary to read this post. There are no words to express my sadness in reading this. "From the lowest low to the highest high ". An incomprehensible loss...

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...