"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, October 11, 2013

blizzard, not the DQ kind...

so my husband and I decided to go on a vacation, a road trip of sorts.  We took our time traveling, not rushing to get anywhere.  We met a fellow blogger and had a wonderful lunch, then just as we were pulling in to our destination for the day the government locked down.  We were at Yellowstone Park, yep, we were on a tour of National Parks and they were all closed.  Our next destination was South Dakota where we were greeted with a Blizzard.  25inches of snow, 75 mile an hour winds, drifts.  As we sat in our hotel during a 'shelter in place alert,' the power went out. No electricity, no heat, no food.  We finally dug out after three days and made in back home safely.  Now as soon as I dig out of ten days of dirty laundry and settle my brain I will be back to tell you the story of why...60/40.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you! Hope you managed to have fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I guess it'll be a memorable trip anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you "sheltered in place" during that horrible blizzard. I hear it was awful... dead cows and everything.
    Glad you made it safely home. We had to change plans too when the parks closed. Bummer. Hope they get this whole mess settled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it snowed, government closed down and there was no power!! Why wouldn't all that happen on your vacation, Joanne? What were the odds?
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are home safe and sound! Ugh a blizzard this early in the season! yuck! 3 days! I do hope you had some fun!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a terrible storm, wasn't it? I pray that God will comfort everyone.
    Glad to hear you and your husband are home safely. *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness, I can't even imagine...the older I get, I've had a harder time staying in publicly used places (unless its with peeps I know), I have such crazy ideas/fears about bed bugs, etc, let alone having all the rest you had to deal with! I'd be, what's that ole saying 'fit to be tied'! Well Jo, unwind, relax, take time to just be!!!

    I feel a little guilty to tell ya, I have had a quiet, I mean extremely quite week, with little going on...our son, his wife and four kids just moved out, it will be a week tomorrow and although I will forever worry about the kiddos, we are so excited to have our home back and the quiet we've so missed! xo Debbie (from the other side of the Emerald City)!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...