"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, September 23, 2013

what a difference a day makes...

...twenty-four little hours.  And touchdown...we have Fall.  Nothing like kicking sweet Summer's butt to the curb.  No gentle reminders here, oh no.  Get used to it...it will be like this until March.  Summer along with baseball (for our team) is done, over and out.

a rainbow, a sign?

although it looks it, there are no fish swimming in front of my house!
 
I now have no excuse to keep my Summer decor out.      Happy Fall!                               

7 comments:

  1. I think it's going to be a wet winter for all of us. Hopefully without flooding in the lowlands.
    Summer has been officially KICKED IN THE BUTT. Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Goody! I can't wait for the blistering cold icy days (some of which I'm sure to work in) Still waiting for my time to move further south

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a happy fall to you too Joanne! I am glad the heat is over. Now the test will be to ask me this in January!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy fall!!! I have bought legging to wear under my skirts and dresses as I have decided that I like to only wear skirts and dresses instead of pants but my legs need coverings in the winter. I just ordered another pair of plain leggings and my winter boots since I don't own any winter boots. They are cute and I hope they will fit. I will get them in a week or so. I am glad fall is here though because I can breathe better in the fall.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been chilly here..tonight we have frost warnings. Yep, summer is gone! I'm getting the fall décor out slowly. I'm usually all gung-ho about it, but for some reason I'm slacking this year. I'll have it done by Sat...I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love it! I've had my fall decorations out for 3 weeks! And I keep putting sweaters on, then taking them off because it's a little too warm to wear them yet. I'm ready for fall, rain and all! (Do we really have any choice?)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...