"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

adorable sweetness X infinity...


I have a secret.  A secret garden.  I only share it with a few special individuals, you know, the ones who love me and think I'm the best grandma ever!

A few summers ago, when I was once again confined to the house and in a wheelchair, my hubby helped me plan a secret garden.  He built a little deck area for me to put a small bistro set on and filled it with many plants that never grew.  Oh well, he did a lovely wonderful caring thing for me and I love his heart for it.

I have since then 'found' many garden kitsch that I have placed in very special places.  One of these is a small bird bath.  It is small.  really small.  Maybe 3x5 and has two tiny birds that sit on the edge.

A few weeks ago, when the sun was still shining, Maude went out in the backyard to play 'chuck it' with Charlie the dog.  Afterwards everyone was thirsty, then she remembered the little birds.  She ran over to the secret place and gently bent over.  Slowly she put her finger in the water and gently touched it to the bird's beak.  She did this over and over until she was satisfied that they were no longer thirsty.

She left a permanent smile on our hearts.

7 comments:

  1. A sweet act, a precious memory.

    A secret garden just for you , from your husband is also a sweet thing, and precious memory. But you still have the garden ( plants or no ) to gain so many more precious times. You share them so well I can picture her giving the birds water. I like the bird bath / planter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful garden, and Maude is too precious.
    *hugs* and God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kindness and simple sweetness in childrens hearts is so touching. What a precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so sweet of that lovely girl!!! such a kind heart she has! I love your secret garden!!!!!! How sweet that you share these things with us! I love that your hubby planted it for you.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful moment to catch, and a wonderful memory to hold dear to your heart! xo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, sweet thing to happen! your secret garden! I hope you're doing okay, dear!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...