"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday tid-bits...


...I remember when I would do a Tuesday bits post every week, now it's more like
once a year.  So much for consistency.

the photo below was taken by my nephew Andrew
and I shamelessly stole it from his
photography website.   I'll have to thank him next time
he's in town.

it's a pretty one!

 

O.K., so I'm back as promised with all the news that's fit to tell.
I had an appointment with my surgeon today and if all
goes as planned I will be having the last of my reconstruction surgeries
next week.  That is barring any weirdness
like anemia,
family emergency,
or inability to get the prosthetist and the surgeon
in the same surgery suite
at the same time.
You know...all the normal stuff.

(last time I had five units of packed cells transfused so
I should be feeling rather peppy and full of
iron by surgery time.)

as it stands, stands Ha get it?, I will be home in two days
and up and walking with a temporary prosthesis
in about three weeks. 
It is quite possible that I will eek out some summer fun
before Fall is upon us!

I spent the afternoon with my little Miss Punky.
she was really happy today and wanted
to do all sorts of things with grandma.  (usually she is a little afraid
of me in the wheelchair)
we painted the wheelchair ramp
played baseball with the dog
did each others hair
ate all her favourite foods
(well mostly)
and in general we acted
goofy and wacky
and pretty much our ages.
It was and always will be the
BEST
medicine on Earth.


"the rains are over and gone, flowers appear on the Earth,
the season of singing has come."
song of songs

 

9 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope all the stars align for your schedule to remain intact. Having our grandson here last week was such a salve to our grief. He is 9 and would just walk by Papa's chair and lay his hand on his shoulder, or give me an unexpected hug. The granddaughters were unaware of anything before they went home, but the sound of their girly giggles linger in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often hear people say of children- "if we could just bottle their energy..." I've learned from my grandchildren and from working with kids that if you hang around with them, their energy splashes all over you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good talking to you! Can't wait for this next surgery to be over and done with so you can get recouperated for when I come out. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne- I am hoping that it all comes together like it is supposed to for the surgery and that it is easy and problem free. I know there is always pain afterwards so I will be praying for you through that. I wish I lived closer so I could pop in and keep you company when you felt like it and help you out a bit. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see a smile on your face all the way from here. I will be thinking of you and saying a little prayer that all goes well with your surgery. That's a big deal.
    And playing with our grandchildren is always a joy.
    take care !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope it all goes smoothly and I'll keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery. I'm glad you had a fun day with your Grandkiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then let the choir sing from the rooftops for a speedy recovery and a peppy future, Joanne. Will be thinking/singing about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lets talk prosthesis when you are healed a bit more. I have one too. Takes a little getting use to.
    The prayers are working and life continues. I told you, my friend. Keep playing with Little Miss Punky. Children are great for the spirits. I love Debora's comment that,
    "if you hang around with them, their energy splashes all over you! " That's a wonderful expression.
    Keep moving ahead, well... you know what I mean and use that Dammit Doll when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanne - I hope you have a good and speedy recovery! I am so glad you had a good day with the little one!!!!!


    Heather

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...