"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, July 27, 2013

a little saturday randomness...

 
...I am finally home from the hospital, the surgery went well
and I am now sporting a plaster cast
on my right leg (full leg cast).
the temps here have been in the 90's
very unusual for us
and I have no wire hangers.
anyone who has ever had a plaster cast
knows my dilemma!
 
here are some random garden photos
to brighten up my random post.
 
I had many complications from the anesthesia,
in fact,
in the last few weeks
I have had every type of anesthesia allowed.
I need to find a way to flush all those chemicals out
of my system...
any ideas?
 
lime-green hydrangea


 
I am slowly checking things off my summer to-do list.
I did plant tomatoes,
but was too late to find strawberries, blueberries,
or raspberries to plant for Maude.

 flowering maple
 
I'm still trying to find a way to get an
old fashioned
chocolate malted shake made in the
tin container and topped with
whipped cream.



random tomato plant

I've been spending too much time
alone
contemplating my life and looking back
at all the mistakes I made.
why is it so easy to see those things???

more flowering maple
 
 
I have a few more weeks in the
cast,
and then I plan to really hit it hard
at physical therapy.
gotta learn how to re-walk
in a prosthesis.
I have set my sights on the
first week of
September
to be actively mobile again.
 
 
thank you all for collectively picking me up and carrying me through this ordeal.
  I can feel the compassion, concern and well-wishes
that you have sent my way.
NO ONE can tell me that these
friendships
a not real.  Only a fool would believe that
and I ain't no fool!
 
take care friends
whatever you are running from
be sure you are
running towards
peace
and
love.






11 comments:

  1. Good to hear. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowering maples.
    Hindsight is 20-20. Look forward. *hugs* God bless. Good to hear from you. ♥
    Have a wonderful, blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are home!!!!!! yes, you will do awesome at physical therapy!!! i just know you will!!!!! Ugh 90s! We had that the week before last! we even hit 100s. thankfully it cooled down again! I sure hope you heal quickly and don't itch too much!!

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will echo all of the above! I feel (most) of your cast pain. Several years ago I had a cast from the knee down. It just happened to be a July, the hottest one on record at that time plus I lived in a trailer. OH MY... May I suggest vinager water? One tablespoon per 8 oz of water. Hang in there.Blessings from Alabama..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear the surgery went well. Beautiful plants. Sure hope you get cooler weather so you won't be so miserable in the cast. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. September will be here before you know it and you'll be walking just fine.....I truly believe this will happen. Now don't let those dark thoughts penetrate because they just slow everything down and you need speed to heal.
    Love the last photo, there's just something exciting about teh colour combo ~~ quite loverly!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I tried commenting earlier, but it disappeared! So here goes again: First, I'm so glad you're home. Anesthesia can be a pain (no pun here!)..the after effects I mean. Detox teas can help flush the liver. They can be found in grocery stores and health food stores. Usually in the herb tea isle. Just take it slow and only use the tea once a day at first. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. You have a wonderful attitude and I know you'll make your rehab goals! Everyone can look back at their life and see things they wish they had done differently...hindsight is always 20/20! But continue to look forward and upward. I know you'll find that life can be good when we start fresh each day. Hang in there! We're all behind you Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you're finally home. All the things you were unable to do this summer, well, next summer you'll be up, around, walking, and can go gang-busters !

    The anesthesia thing sounds serious & scary and it is encouraging to know there are other options when it is needed.

    Isn't it a beautiful summer to recuperate in your garden though?

    I am praying for you Joanne and one of these days we are going to have tea together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW, I think our area has some amazingly beautiful and top-notch hospitals, if you have to be in one, they are as pleasant as a hospital can be .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are recovering. September isn't so very far away, and as we know, it's the best month for doing things in the PNW. You've got me salivating just thinking about that shake. After all you've been through, I think you should guilt your hubby (or somebody) into buying you one of those fancy fandangle milkshake makers and a gallon of Tillamook chocolate ice cream!I checked...about $40 at target...
    PS...I'd come over for shakes sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh--honey! I feel so badly not knowing about all your health things this summer! I can't imagine the pain, and feel so badly for discussing my (small) issues compared to yours! God be with you, Wonderwoman!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...