"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

dance with the one who brought you...

...and you can't go wrong.

have you ever overheard a comment or the lyrics from a song and thought "that would be a great blog post title?"  Well, that's what happened here, only problem is that I have nothing to tie it up with.  So...back to random we shall go.

I decided, after looking back at some recent blog posts, that I really have been quite whiney lately.  Not that I don't have good cause but even I can see that it's getting to be too much for the average bear (yeah Yogi.)

My son sent me this picture of his girl today, being a typical two-year-old and refusing to listen to her daddy about taking or not taking a bath.  It made me smile and I began to think that if there was just a way to bottle the spirit of a two-year-old we could not only be bazillionaires but we could cure every ailment known to man. Here's a little sunshine for you;




And just in case it's not obvious;  Miss M is in her lego box, which is in the bath tub.  She is fully dressed and wearing a dinosaur hat while holding some toys in one hand and signing the colour yellow with the other.   Enjoy your day.

8 comments:

  1. LOL- That is fun, Joanne. Gotta love those two year olds and all their spunk. I have a grandson that is 4 that signs also-your little Miss M is adorable.

    AND-just so you know- I don't think you were whiny at all. I think you were letting out some things that were heavy on your soul. What you are going through is scary and out of your control. You have a right to spill what you are feeling out. This is a community of people that care for each other -through the goods and the bads...well-most of us do-except for a few bloggers that are just in for the cash..and we all know a few of them. But, for the most part, this blogging world is full of good, caring people that understand that life is not all roses and sunshine.

    Hang in there, gal- you can do this- post when and as you can and it was good to see that something today brought you a smile- Love to you- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be having an awful day, but a picture of one of my grandchildren will always make me smile. She is adorable. I thought the blog was for whining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture!

    *hugs*

    And yes. It's your blog. If you need to whine, then please do so. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! Glad she made you smile and then shared it with us! Hope you're doing OK and feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! how are you doing with your health?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Miss M has a lot going on in that pretty little head. She's going to give her daddy a run for his money, I'll bet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Joanne....a little whine/wine won't hurt anyone!! Go for it!
    What a cutie indeed! It must make your heart skip a beat when you see this.
    So good to 'see' you again Ms.Northwest Rainy Coast Person!! Hey, I try! Or as Ron says, can be 'trying' too!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. "That was rough.... Thing to do now is try and forget it.... I guess I don't quite mean that. It's not a thing you can forget. Maybe not even a thing you want to forget.... Life's like that sometimes... Now and then for no good reason a man can figure out, life will just haul off and knock him flat, slam him agin' the ground so hard it seems like all his insides is busted. But it's not all like that. A lot of it's mighty fine, and you can't afford to waste the good part frettin' about the bad. That makes it all bad.... Sure, I know - sayin' it's one thing and feelin' it's another. But I'll tell you a trick that's sometimes a big help. When you start lookin' around for something good to take the place of the bad, as a general rule you can find it."
    ~From the movie Old Yeller

    Hang on, sweetie.

    Cute photo. She's prepared for the world.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...