"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Sunday, May 12, 2013

missing my momma today...







 your Mother is always with you.  She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street.
She's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life itself.
She's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well.
She's your breath in the air on a cold winder's day.
She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colours of the rainbow.  She is Christmas morn.
Your mother lives inside your laughter.  She's the place you came from, your first home and the map you follow with every step you take.
She's your first love, your first friend, and even your first enemy.
NOTHING on this earth can separate you...not time, not space, nor even death."  (anon)




Happy Mother's Day friends.















7 comments:

  1. That is so true! Happy Mother's Day sweet Joanne. Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, my friend. I miss my mom too.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your Mom isn't with you now, but the poem sure says it all..very lovely. I hope your day was nice and you feel her love in all your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how beautiful and true!!!!!! I wonder if our Moms are friends up in Heaven. I bet they are. Happy Mother's Day to you my friend! (and Grandma!!!!)


    heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joanne... for some reason, I stumbled upon this tonight, and thank goodness! I've been missing my mom so much this week, with my daughters moving out, and just needed a good cry. This poem did it! Mom WAS my best love, my best friend, my best enemy... and I feel cheated that she had to leave me at 73! Thanks for sharing this. With everything else I see you are going through, I'll bet the one thing you want most right now is your mother to be here... I hope you feel her around you... and I hope you take a little comfort in knowing that someone DOES read your words, and share your sorrows... take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...