"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Monday, May 27, 2013

Dorothy had it right all along...


...there really, REALLY is "no place like home."

after eight hours in the operating room and seven days recuperating I was finally given a few days at home before my next round of surgery/recovery.  I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it feels to be at home, even with my i.v.'s, commode, bed rails, and other assorted medical supplies and equipment there is just nothing like being in your own home full of dust, dirt and laundry to make you feel better!   Major pain meds are keeping me happy for short periods of time but I wanted to come here and tell you I'm doing well and that I appreciate all your wonderful well-wishes, prayers, good karma, and 'fierceness.'  I know it's what got me through....I will keep you posted on the next step but for now, it's sleepy time.  Thank you friends, thank you.

12 comments:

  1. Fierce I can do- and always for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear that you got though the operation and that you're doing well. Get lots of rest and in a couple of weeks this will all seem like a bad dream.
    Love ya, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing better for healing than sleeping in your own bed in your own home. Sweet dreams and hang in there. We're all pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'morn sweet Jojo ~ So glad that all is going well for you at this time. May it continue to be a healing good process.

    I always say that all the dirt, dust & laundry are what make me recup quickly ... it should be the other way around, right??! Chuckle.

    Take good care my friend ~
    Big hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers are for you today. I do hope you can be at home to recoup..it really does make a difference. I'm so sorry you have to go through this but hopefully it will all be better soon. Take care Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that you are home and in good spirits. Stay strong and know we continue to lift you up in prayers.
    Debora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne- I just today got a working computer. I am so happy to hear that you are home. Hang in there, my friend. You will get through this just like you have toughed your way through before. I have missed you and am glad you to see you in good spirits in spite of what you are going through- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everything's going as well as can be, considering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! So glad you were able to go home for some R&R! I've never found hospitals a place to get rest...but, then again, they're unavoidable at times for what seem almost like neccessary evils. I only wish a health fix was as easy as taking an asprin, or using a boo boo strip to fix what ails us,(like when we were kids)...I'd easily eat an apple a day (anyday), if it would keep the Dr. away! But reality is not quite that easy... stay positive, and do what it takes, because YOU are tough! I know there are so many people in your life that love you, and care about you, and we're all sending positive thoughts, and prayers your way! I know how Maude, and that newest little man in your life make you smile every time you think about them, and those are about the strongest healing powers I can think of!!! Take care my friend, love Debbie~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get well soon and I am sending lots of prayers and hugs your way!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I haven't called. Roger was admitted earlier in congestive heart failure and I have been living at the hospital. He is supposed to come home this afternoon and I will give you a call this evening. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been out of town doing the "grandma thing", but promise to do better and check in more regularly. Glad you are progressing. I have been thinking of you! Hang in there! You are one of the strongest people I know and you have MANY who love you! Keep posting when you can!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...