"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Keeping my word...


this is the second year that I have taken part in the
One Word Campaign
(link below)
basically, you choose a word
sometime around New Years,  a
word
to help guide you
remind you
change the way you think.
One Word.

I have chosen to celebrate
my one word
by having it engraved on a
simple steel cuff.
Not only do I enjoy wearing them
but it serves as a
reminder to me
that I have purpose.
That I can change
not only myself but
perhaps the world.  Not a
grand gesture or impact but
the equivalent of a
smile
to the Universe.


this year my word was/is
"nourish"
nourish my soul,
my body,
my relationships.


last year I chose the word
"listen"
after a particularly tragic moment
in our extended family.
I had to keep reminding myself to
listen to my heart.
Your first instinct, that little
nudge
that says something is not right,
is your heart speaking to you.
best listen.



and this is a family tree.
I bought it just because
I am so
blessed.

It is not an easy task to remember to call my word to mind, much like a New Year's resolution
it is easily forgotten after a few weeks.
But I'm trying,
trying to put a little less of something
and a lot more of another thing
into my world
and yours.

9 comments:

  1. I like these cuff bracelets that you had made. What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! Where do you have them made? I want one with Believe on it!!!! Great idea!!!
    ILY!

    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great word and I love that you have made it into a physical reminder. It is hard to remember to nourish ourselves sometimes, isn't it? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to remind yourself of a kind of "promise" that you have made. I love your word for the new year. Nourish.... it's something that you can do for both yourself and others... a perfect word.
    Where did you get these bracelets? They're lovely. So are the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good word to live by this year, what a wonderful thing to do. The cuffs are such a good reminder also... Lovely post thank you.
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea and much more gratifying than a resolution that is easily broken and forgotten. Having a bracelet to remind you is perfect. It looks so pretty! Is it too late to pick a word for the rest of my year? Hmmm..I think I will get on that ASAP! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove your bracelets, I think they're a wonderful reminder of your two heart felt 'chosen words', your family tree is so much fun too... I remember when you shared that you'd chosen nourish this year, I thought it was the perfect word! Thanks for visiting my blog, it meant a lot to me that you left a message. Big hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love the bracelet. I failed to pick a word for this year. I did the last 2 years. But I think I should tink about a word for this year.

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...