"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Calling Mr. DeMille...



though there is a chill in the air
the sun feels warm against my skin

the sky bright blue
lit by the sun
after so very many days
of gray

buds about to pop
with colours pink and white
and yellow forsythia
daffodils and tulips dot the gardens

my curls sway in
the slight breeze
and my dark eyes hide
my mischievousness

yes, indeed...
I AM ready for my close-up.

9 comments:

  1. Isn't he purdy? Sweet poem, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a beautiful face even Kim Kardashian would envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed! What a handsome dog. (or perhaps pretty if she's a girl). I hope your doggy (and mine) get a few, no I mean lot more days to bask in the sun! Love your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you not fall in loe with that dog....adorable
    those words certainly make me long for the beauties of spring

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am way behind, but tried to find a post announcing your new pup and could find none. He/she sure is handsome/beautiful. And gosh I see Maude is growing up fast and that you have a new grandson too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost feel how sun-warmed your doggity's fur is. I'm lovin' springtime so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Joanne, thanks for this momentary visit to your Northwest clime.....we have hope.
    How regal he is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh come on spring! Your baby is beautiful! love, t.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure that you long for & love spring up there in WA state, but we here in AZ desert we dread it because we know what is coming after it! And already it has hit the 90's here.
    Sigh..............

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...