"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Saturday, February 16, 2013

update on the Boss...

 ***Edit***
smarty-pants blogger is not letting me use the 'link' feature so I have added Diana's web address for you.  Please take a moment.  Thanks friends.



...I can't believe how quickly this last month has flown by.  My posting has become erratic at best, along with most of my other responsibilities in life.  Just can't seem to catch a few minutes over here *more to come on  that later.*

Our little Boss man is a month old already!  Goodness.  He is feeling better since being switched to a very strict eating schedule...one ounce every hour.  That's it.  He wants more but it will just come back up if they give it to him so they just try and soothe him the best they can until the next hour and feeding time.  Poor mom and dad are exhausted.  But despite this he is growing, up to 10lbs now, and thriving, and starting to show his little personality and the bluest eyes you've ever seen.  I have to think there is a little of my dad in there somewhere!   Mommy is on her own now and taking him out everyday for some exercise and fresh air, mostly for her benefit.  Daddy takes over when he gets home and so goes the sleeping shift.



When the little Boss was first diagnosed with his eating problems I turned to my good friend Diana for strength and comfort.  She immediately took down her post for that day and sent out a plea for Boss' healing.  Many of you came here from her place to offer you kinds words of support and many prayers and I am ever so grateful.  If there is one thing that we do well in blogland it's to pick each other up and hold each other tight until the crisis passes.  Well, unfortunately our dear Diana has suffered a tragic loss in her life this last week, the unexpected passing of her only sibling, her brother Charlie.  If you don't know this yet or haven't had a chance PLEASE stop by and give her your condolences, your support and prayers.  It will mean so much to her and as her friend it will mean so much to me.  You can find her page here.        http://thenanadiana.blogspot.com/2013/02/heaven-has-brand-new-angel-my-brother.htm

Enjoy your weekend all,  keep in mind that around the corner there is something waiting for all of us and we would do well to keep that in mind as we encounter others on this journey.  Be safe, be well, joy and peace are a choice right?

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the "boss" has settled down some. Being a new parent is so hard!!!
    Can't wait to hear what's keeping you busy. Since my fall, I can barely move. I did something to my right hip. I am going to have to get it checked out I think. My legs are also so weak, I can hardly walk, but life goes on amd I am happy for my life.
    I love ya, Jo and miss you. I pray all is OK in your life.
    God Bless~
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little guy is adorable but I do feel bad for Mom and Dad. Hopefully as he gets older it will get easier on them and him! I will go and stop by your friend's blog. Life does hand out the challenges. Today is my Sister's youngest child's birthday..he died in 2004 at age 18 but he's never out of our minds and hearts and even his birthday does not go unnoticed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joanne, You are SO kind. I am so happy that your little Boss is doing so well. Thank you for putting up the message about my brother He, too, had the bluest eyes I have ever seen-much like my own Dads. Your little Boss will be eating you out of house and home by the time he is a toddler, I hope.
    God bless you and that sweet, sweet baby boy- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad the little guy is growing! What a cutie!!! I tried to go to your friend's link, but for some reason, it didn't work for me. Please pass on my sympathies. It is so awful when you lose someone you love.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanne. You are so correct in how this blogging population will come together and extend a hand of help. It is incredible and I have had to ask just this week for prayers/good energy/healing energy for my niece. The warmth of the energy generated is almost palpable.
    We never know what is around the corner but somehow we manage for the most part to survive what comes at us. Our resilience is stronger than we think.....as hard as it is at times.
    So glad to hear that little Boss man is making progress.
    I will visit your friend's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly. *hugs* and God bless. ♥

    P.S. The link to your friend's blog doesn't work for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy to hear "the Boss" is doing better. That would be a difficult ordeal to have a feeding every hour. I am sure mom and dad get pretty pooped. But we always find a way to do what we have to do...right.
    I think blog land is terrific for offering support/love and prayers.
    I will leave a little message for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear...when I click on your link "here"....it gives me an internet explorer error??
    I'll try again later, or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Joanne,
    Does he have reflux? My little niece had that for a few years until she grew out of it, it was a lot of work to keep her weight up at the very beginning - it did slow down and eventually go. Poor little mite, hope he will be fine soon.
    Best wishes,
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi JoAnne, so glad to hear your little guy is doing better, 10 lbs. is great, but feeding him once an hour has got to be tough. I'm glad your daughter has such a wonderful supportive husband. I pray your little guy is able to grow out of this stage soon, so Mommy & Daddy can get more rest! It's amazing what we can do when we have too, they'll probably look back on this time in their lives, and just shake their heads at what strength they had, to get through all of this!!! Big hugs to all of YOU, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...