"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Friday, February 22, 2013

another Seinfeldian post...

...aka, the post about nothing in particular or "random me."

There has been a mish-mash of things over here that I really need to get off my chest.  Not that I'm complaining, or whining or pity seeking.  It's just stuff that is not really related to anything but is getting on my nerves every.single.day.

The moral of the story, in case you want to bail out now, is that a knee was never intended to be a foot.

My BFF(aka; my prosthesis) and I have been having major problems.  It all started last November when she decided not to co-operate with me and our holiday plans leaving me home alone on Thanksgiving while the rest of the family was at Grandmas house eating turkey and pumpkin pie. And just in case you are wondering, NO, not one single person could come down here (a whole 12 miles) and pick me up.

Things settled down for awhile after that and we made it through the rest of the year with just some minor problems.  Then a few weeks ago things just blew the hell up and we are no longer on speaking terms.  Granted, I do need her to help me get through the day but things will never be the same between us.

Broken locks leading to broken legs and a foot that doesn't work.  Broken skin and worn out hardware, not to mention the weekly trips to the doctor (for which I need a ride).  Then last week to add insult to injury she went one way while I went the other resulting in bruising and a 'slash' across the short leg that looks like, well...like chopped beef. (sorry).

There is nothing that can bring us back together at this point.  She's gone her way and I've gone mine...all the way to the prosthetist to get a new leg/foot combo, which is another six weeks of my life that will be spent 'grounded.'

Life with a prosthesis is never dull.

12 comments:

  1. Blowing off steam is always healthy and especially when someone you've depended on becomes a bit outmoded. I hope you have some wonderful creative project to work at while you're (temporarily but it seems like forever) grounded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are always here to hear your blowing off steam. It's your blog and a good place to vent. I am sorry your BFF has hurt you, please know this BFF(me) loves you and is always here to listen and love you. Yes, we are 2 peas in a pod. I so wish we lived closer. Thanks so much for the email. You always know just when I need one. Love ya!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I am so sorry, Joanne, that this has happened. I can't believe that someone could not drive 12 miles to pick you up- I thought maybe you were half the state away. Hang in there. If you can find it in your heart pray for her because it takes away her ability to "sting" you. God sees all that, Joanne, and I do believe that what goes around comes around. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanne-what a disturbing situation. How anyone could just not come for you is hard to imagaine.
    I agree with Diana to pray for her-it'll help both of you. Disagreements are awfully hard to live with some times that I hope it gets resolved for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I want to strangle my best friend. I'm sure she feels the same way about me. Friends are so hard to come by. Although, letting you spend Thanksgiving alone is kinda unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Joanne, I think I'm the only one that gets this...oh wait, I believe your friend pogonip does too. I think you're strong beyond words my friend, not sure any of us'uns could be as strong, especially if your bff was ours...ya know. I hope you get a new, and improved version that is truly, your bestie (or is that besty)...? Anyhoo, I hope you have a fun project, or two by your side or maybe a couple of good books, I sure enjoyed reading 'Wild', it's about a young lady that walked a huge part of the Pacific Crest trail by herself, phew what courage that took! Big hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's your blog. You should be able to write anything you want.
    *hugs* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait. Your blog is supposed to be therapeutic for anyone but yourself? So all this time I've been doing it wrong. Typical of me.
    Vent about the little stuff all you need to. That means you're handling the big stuff with dignity and fabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY...I did not know you had a prosthesis. How challenging that would be for you. I am sure there would be good days and totally exasperating days. I really can't even imagine. Everyone needs to "vent" a little somewhere and sometime.
    sending you a hug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm mad at the leg, but madder at whoever decided that it was OK for you to spend a holiday alone! I hope you find a friend who is in it for the long haul with you...you deserve that!

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...