"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the perfect, prize-winning post...

...I had a post all perfectly written, with perfect punctuation, and even more perfect construction of my sentences.  In fact, it was so very perfect that I am sure it would be a prize winner.  So good that I would be with the big guns...you know who I mean.

Unfortunately it was all in my head. 

As I was spending quality time with the dentist, laying back in the chair, my head mere inches from the floor upside down, with the dental dam and the eye goggles and all the peculiar noises that come from the dental office,  the perfect post was being created in the windmills of my mind.  I just needed to remember it long enough to get to the car and write some notes.  Ah, but as nature would have it I was barely out of the door when my new crown fell out of my mouth and onto the wet rainy ground where it languished in a puddle. 

It was all in my head.

As I sat for two hours in my doctor office waiting for her to fill out some forms that my hubby needed for work.  (She hates nothing more than filling out forms so I think she makes we wait extra long).  Oh yeah, it was running through  my dizzy head, darn, where is that pencil and paper when you need it?

It was all in my head.

Until I got home only to find that my beautiful grandgirl had stopped by to visit me and had to get ready to leave.  I hadn't seen her in two+ weeks and we had so much visiting to do in such a little bit of time.  It was in my head...then it was gone, and like all wonderful posts it went to that place where the socks never return. 

Then I sat down here and tried to retrieve it but to no avail.  And as I sat here for a moment trying to collect my thoughts I suddenly remembered that I had put on a load of wash and realized that my unmentionables had been washed with the dog bedding.  Gah.

In an effort to find a little sunshine in the rainy day my darling, happy, beautiful grandgirl, out of the blue and much to my amazement lifted up her leg to show me how the boy dogs pee.  Oh Lord, help us all!

p.s.  Little boy blue is still very fussy but we have an answer and a solution so thank you so much for keeping good thoughts and prayers for him.  His mama is feeling better now that she has a little more help for a few days (in-laws) and I think we are all headed in the right direction.   Thanks friends,  enjoy your day.

10 comments:

  1. Dear JoAnne, I enjoyed your post, and laughed at the thought of you upside down at the dentist office, you had me cracking up, (until your crown fell out)...I also got a kick out of your perfect post! I so get that! I've found myself day dreaming on my way home from work with a wonderful blog idea, only to lose it with a quick trip into the store...(Short term memory...missing). I've really missed blogging, I need some inspiration in the worst way. I hope signs of Spring will do it...I saw an awesome sign just today, that it's just around the corner. My pussy willow tree is in bloom!!!

    I'm so happy to see there's been some insight into your sweet little Grandson's well being, I just love it when we can see the gift of prayer being answered! Big hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me laughing! I especially love the phrase "It went to that place where the socks never return." I just might use that line sometime myself, and hope to remember to give you credit for the quote. But that could be all in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- I think you should have titled the post Disaster At The Dentist...lol No wonder you post went "poof"...lol

    I am so very very glad to hear Baby Blue/The Boss is doing better. Drop me a line when you can. God bless him and Mom and YOU- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs*
    I can't count the number of times I've worked out something in my head, only to forget it 5 minutes later. ;o)

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this happen in the middle of the night. I know I should keep a pencil and paper by my bed in case I get inspired, but yup, I forget until then. I am so glad that they have been able to help the Boss child. i can just see the granddaughter showing you how boy does go to the bathroom! Kids do the funniest things at times!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate sitting in the dentist chair..especially when it's upside down and I get panicky thinking I might not be able to breathe..then I get the bill and really do stop breathing! I think all your posts are winners so don't worry about writing what you think is the perfect one..all ready done! Have a good weekend coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know I'm not the only one who loses "here right now, gone the next minute" thoughts for something totally BRILLIANT :) I love all your words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how this post made me laugh.... right out loud. The sox... the "puddle" crown... and the dentist. None it funny, but you do have a way with words. :-)

    Thanks for the "no falling" command. I'm going to try to stay upright. For heaven's sake. It's the SECOND time I've had a bad spill in about a month's time.

    Have a wonderful weekend, my dear...

    xo
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it seems that in spite of forgotten posts, you're dentist and grands have provided you with even better material!:-) That dentist thing is awful... I don't let my dentist use the dam; makea me gag. Think I'd attack him with his drill if my crown popped out like that! Glad little boy is doing better.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe this post is quite good just like it is!! A new crown in a puddle...oh my!!

    Do not like upside down dentist positions either. Yikes.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...